Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Streamlight Rail Mount 1 and 2

Streamlight Rail Mount 1 and 2

Does anyone have any serious time abusing these WML's? I know Frank Proctor has beat the everloving shit out of a Protac 1L for the past couple of years. That doesn't mean a sample of 1 is all that great, or that these are the same as that, but it does make me take notice of the brand. Thoughts/experiences?

I'm currently rocking the rail mount 2 on my 1301. So far so good with all types of loads.

The beam has a little more diffusion than the Surefire scout, which for a shotgun, is perfect as I'm not needing the same amount of throw that I need on a carbine light.

I just wish they would come out with a combo pressure pad / manual switch tailcap.... or at least have a replaceable tape switch vs the switch being permanently fixed to the tailcap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I want to see someone running down the street with a sims-gun shrieking 'I am the first revelation' " - SouthNarc

I've got the Rail Mount 1 on an AR15. I've shot about 500 rounds with it on, and so far so good. I think it puts out more light than the lumen rating would have you believe. Nice and lightweight too.

What's the clicky switch like on these? Is it easy to blow past momentary on, or does it require a deliberate push?

Name:  StreamlightRail1Button.jpg
Views: 903
Size:  66.4 KB

This method works for me. I have most of my thumb pushing on the rim of the button, which is enough to turn it on momentary, but it keeps my thumb from pushing all the way through to the click of constant on.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Running one with the Proctor mount. Another soon with the Thorntail SBR. No issues yet on the first. Its a great, lightweight minimalist set up.

Streamlight is good to go.

I'd suggest taking a look at Arisaka Defense as well, they make some seriously good light related stuff.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

There are reported problems plus the tape switch is horrible at best and as such I've chosen not to jump on that train. I'll pay a little more for a SF Fury......buy once, cry once.

What kind of reported problems?

Sent from my Infernal Contraption using Tapatalk
    IDPA SSP classification: Sharpshooter
    F.A.S.T. classification: Intermediate

Just do a search but some have reported the light flickers under recoil.

User Tag List