Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Glock 35 9mm project

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    All of the Glock .40s turned to 9s I have seen have run fine with only the conversion barrel and 9mm mags being used.
    Does this include any 4th gen pistols? I had multiple failures running the conversion barrel alone in my G35, usually using Wolf or similar 115gr steel case 9mm ball.
    Last edited by Nephrology; 11-07-2016 at 10:19 PM.

All of the Glock .40s turned to 9s I have seen have run fine with only the conversion barrel and 9mm mags being used.
    Are you talking good enough for range time or good enough for carry?
    My comments have not been approved by my employer and do not necessarily represent the views of my employer. These are my comments, not my employer's.

By coincidence I was playing with a G22 converted to 9 this weekend. The owner used a KKM barrel and I was surprised by how flat shooting it was compared to my 34. The lockup of the KKM also felt fantastic.

No idea about reliability but I'm intrigued by the added weight of the 9-40 conversion

This has been the case with my 23 using a Storm Lake conversion barrel.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Does this include any 4th gen pistols? I had multiple failures running the conversion barrel alone in my G35, usually using Wolf or similar 115gr steel case 9mm ball.
    That may be an incompatibility of the barrel vs that ammo. Could be the heavier .40 recoil spring being an issue with the slightly heavier slide on the G35
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    My g27 with a storm lake 9mm conversion barrel and steel case ammo frequently double feeds.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BJJ View Post
    Are you talking good enough for range time or good enough for carry?
    Carry

I first got into testing the gen 3 guns with the 9mm barrels when we had our G22 debacle in the 2006. One of my SWAT guys had bought a G23 and a G35, we ran the shit out of both guns before I signed off on him carrying either of them. Later another maybe dozen guys went that route with Glock .40s they had bought and either didn't want to lose money on in trade or wanted the ability to shoot both rounds. One of my officers ended up with a G35 and barrels for 9mm and .357Sig added in, all of them ran fine.

My gen 3 G23 has been far more reliable as a 9mm than as a .40, and also far more reliable than one of my G19s has been as a 9mm.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

My gen 3 G23 has been far more reliable as a 9mm than as a .40, and also far more reliable than one of my G19s has been as a 9mm.
    And that is a hell of an indictment....

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    I know loading 40 is still more money and can be time consuming if you have to do extra steps to your brass.. but I've heard .40 minor is so soft it's ridiculous. Maybe an option?
    .40 for me is easier than 9mm as far as reloading goes. .40 cases seem to be more uniform in dimensions and very few have crimped primer pockets.
    6 grains of BE-86 behind a RMR 180 plated bullet should yield about 1000 fps in a Glock 23. I hope to chrono this load on Monday to confirm this. CPR is about .15 each excluding brass.
    Last edited by deputyG23; 11-19-2016 at 12:10 PM.

What barrels have you been using?

User Tag List