Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Post your draw video... brag, critique, compare

Quote Originally Posted by PhillySoldier View Post
    I think Im the opposite with spending too much time on a single drill/skill but I'll get obsessed w doing one thing till I can master it.

I just recently noticed that I think Im doing the same thing although my shot groups are great and im not having a problem focusing. I recently bought a set of the video cam glasses. Figured I would try them out w shooting. The damn things dont seem to work for me though. I even bought a second pair thinking the first werent working. I must be hanging my head or something but when Im wearing them I only get a low angle and see from like my wrists on back to my elbows in the video, no gun or targets. Seems to work fine when the gf uses them. Its really pissing me off...
    It's because you aren't looking out of the center of your eye, but through the top a little more. I do the same thing but I'm trying to fix it. I feel like a ton of shooting is about how much you see, and how you see. But when I hunch and look out the top of my eyes I don't have as good a field of view. I'm trying to keep my head up but it seems to be something I struggle with.

-Cory

Quote Originally Posted by cor_man257 View Post
    It's because you aren't looking out of the center of your eye, but through the top a little more. I do the same thing but I'm trying to fix it. I feel like a ton of shooting is about how much you see, and how you see. But when I hunch and look out the top of my eyes I don't have as good a field of view. I'm trying to keep my head up but it seems to be something I struggle with.

-Cory
    As said Im sort of stuck in surprise/denial at the moment. I never even friggin noticed it until messing w these stupid glasses. (BTW there only stupid for me - they worked well for the gf who has already seen a few mistakes she was making an has improved). Now trying to push my head as far back as I can, I feel out of alignment as well as like Im looking down my nose.

I spent some time googling it (and will continue to do so) and seems fairly common for those like myself with a military background. With that said, Im seeing more articles just debating whether it is right or wrong but not much on the way of "how" to correct it. Was wondering if there is perhaps a recommended stance that would more naturally just keep you aligned better?

Quote Originally Posted by cor_man257 View Post

-Cory
    Oh man, ive been working on correcting this but it sucks. I'll keep starting out standing awkwardly straight and have to remind myself after ever few shots to straighten back up or I gravitate towards lowering my head again while shooting. Shooting is at least starting to video record properly thought compared to before where I was only seeing from like my wrists back to my elbows. I still feel more comfortable though turtling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9A-HQezJyA

User Tag List