Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Post your draw video... brag, critique, compare

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    My appendix draw has like a built in cover garment 2nd safety type thing?

With my weak hand when I go to clear I start thumb first trying to catch my shirt, then almost immediately clinching my shirt. 9 times out of 10 my thumb gets it, when it doesn't the crab catches it. Not to say I don't still fumble, but using both techniques every time have cut my fumbles down dramatically and allow a better clear.
    Thanks! I'll have to try standing straight up with the thumb thing. Good tip.
    Owner/Instructor at Resolute Response
    Assistant Instructor at Protective Shooting Concepts

Nice looking draws, guys!

Quote Originally Posted by William B. View Post
    1.3s, A-zone hit on a USPSA target at 7 yards. Not as fast as the others that I see in this thread, but this is about as fast as I can go with any chance of getting a solid hit right now. I'm usually in the 1.5s - 1.6s range.

Nice job! What class did you take with Vogel?
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Quote Originally Posted by 1776United View Post
    Nice job! What class did you take with Vogel?
    Thanks. It was a private class that my boss and I went to. From talking to others who have done his open enrollment classes, I think it was based on World Class Pistol Skills with a little more focus on some stuff we wanted help with.
    Owner/Instructor at Resolute Response
    Assistant Instructor at Protective Shooting Concepts

Post your draw video... brag, critique, compare

Here's a really slow but clean FAST drill. It was dark enough I shot it from a Safariland that doesn't allow for a full firing grip and not my JM AIWB. If I remember correctly this was 7.18 clean. Noticed a couple things from this video. My press out looks very slow and deliberate it doesn't feel that slow. I'm dropping my head (still). I'm not getting my weight behind the gun and its resulting in me getting pushed back. Finally, did I mention how freaking slow this was?

Stand by. Can't get the video to upload. Keeps coming in as an image.

https://youtu.be/Zyp7uuBB4oA
    Last edited by MGW; 11-05-2016 at 09:34 PM.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

B8 at 15. This was originally a video I made to explain to some friends why I like the press out with the P30. Awful cover garment. https://vimeo.com/190414421
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    B8 at 15. This was originally a video I made to explain to some friends why I like the press out with the P30. Awful cover garment. https://vimeo.com/190414421
    I like Ping. Shooting seems to take up much of my golf time now though.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

They make a decent wind shirt but it's a floppy bastard -- really demands rigor on the clear.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Site Supporter
    The "Ping" jacket is perfect for CCW! It also does a great job concealing the fact that you are a CHL holder.

You sir have fine taste in golf clubs and firearms!

A little tough work with the garment today. A combination of heavy, stretchy and fitted made it drop easy and hard to grasp. This draw is from Mr_White's draw/shoot DOTW.
    https://goo.gl/photos/Zxq2dwZnTb6Y5g3P8

ETA: sorry for bad angle, best I could do alone. I realized just how tough it is to pick up on the beep sometimes in the indoor range. Let me know if you need a better format on the video.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BaiHu; 11-06-2016 at 10:49 AM.
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

User Tag List