Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your draw video... brag, critique, compare

Post your draw video... brag, critique, compare

This was done "cold". Had the timer set immediate from the other day, then set to random. (hey, I'm a goof ball, what can I say?)

Par time 0.6. almost there....almost.

What range are you simulating? If that's a good sight picture and grip at 10 yards you're certainly faster than me.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Imagine a slow draw from gamer gear that somehow incorporates a half tactical press out. That's mine lol. Been trying to work on it but man, it's bad.
    i used to wannabe

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    Imagine a slow draw from gamer gear that somehow incorporates a half tactical press out. That's mine lol. Been trying to work on it but man, it's bad.
    I'm honestly curious to see yours. It looked fluid enough and decent speed in your match video.

I'll do mine eventually. I guess I could do concealed and open. Probably can go fast or proper. Not sure about both, but I'm workin on it.

-Cory

I like draw videos!
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

I really really wanna see Les's draw.
    i used to wannabe

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    What range are you simulating? If that's a good sight picture and grip at 10 yards you're certainly faster than me.
    It's only 1/2 a draw. This is "speed mode" training day and my goal is to see how fast the physical motions can be accomplished.
    I'm simulating 10yds with a 1/3 scale metric at 10 ft. the grip was good on both those, but sight picture lags. My old peepers are not able to transition from target to front post as fast. But.... the gun is pointing at the center of the A zone when I finally focus there. My first shot times are about 1.2s in a match. At 25 yds live fire this week, I was getting 1.5-1.65s for A zone and close C. Needs work.

10 months ago the same thing was 1.2-1.3s (raw draw) and 2.2-2.5s first shots. Progress has been made! It was a real struggle to get past the 1.00 barrior, but once past the gains came quick. I'm guessing my background in martial arts helps with moving quick

Next struggle will be simultaneous draw and eyes changing focus to the front post so when the gun gets there, I can SEE IT!

Quote Originally Posted by John_bud View Post
    It's only 1/2 a draw. This is "speed mode" training day and my goal is to see how fast the physical motions can be accomplished.
    I'm simulating 10yds with a 1/3 scale metric at 10 ft. the grip was good on both those, but sight picture lags. My old peepers are not able to transition from target to front post as fast. But.... the gun is pointing at the center of the A zone when I finally focus there. My first shot times are about 1.2s in a match. At 25 yds live fire this week, I was getting 1.5-1.65s for A zone and close C. Needs work.

10 months ago the same thing was 1.2-1.3s (raw draw) and 2.2-2.5s first shots. Progress has been made! It was a real struggle to get past the 1.00 barrior, but once past the gains came quick. I'm guessing my background in martial arts helps with moving quick

Next struggle will be simultaneous draw and eyes changing focus to the front post so when the gun gets there, I can SEE IT!
    John_bud, I think that is all awesome! You've made a lot of progress and have a lot of excellent stuff going on there.

People's eyes work differently, and I don't know whether this will actually help you or not. As empty as it is, See What You Need To See is the actual answer and the mechanics of that vary by person. You might see if this does anything for you in terms of having the front sight sharp and clear when it arrives at full extension: http://pistol-training.com/articles/vision
    Last edited by Mr_White; 11-04-2016 at 12:22 PM.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_White View Post
    John_bud, I think that is all awesome! You've made a lot of progress and have a lot of excellent stuff going on there.

People's eyes work differently, and I don't know whether this will actually help you or not. As empty as it is, See What You Need To See is the actual answer and the mechanics of that vary by person. You might see if this does anything for you in terms of having the front sight sharp and clear when it arrives at full extension: http://pistol-training.com/articles/vision
    Thanks. I skimmed the link. It deserves more study, will have to spend some quality time reading.

Right now, the "amount I need to see" is somewhat randomized by an inconsistent weak hand grip. It's too loose, gun wiggles, shot misses, I spend more time "aiming". May or may not help because the weak hand may or may not be helping...run that cycle a few times.

Up close running a bill drill in a class, I broke 1.0 first shot for the first time and got under 2.0 w all A. Moving back.... ehhhh not as good.
    Last edited by John_bud; 11-04-2016 at 12:35 PM.

User Tag List