Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good Shotgun Training in Florida

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    I've got about 130 hours or so of formal shotgun training and no telling how much informal range work as well as a fair amount of my own instructional time. I'm trying to work in as many classes as I can though to pick up the golden nuggets before all of the lessons of the shotgun are forgotten.
    Have you taken a Haught class? I haven't but have heard very good things, and considering your goal, he might be someone you would also consider.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Have you taken a Haught class? I haven't but have heard very good things, and considering your goal, he might be someone you would also consider.
    Not yet. On the same weekend he was teaching in Ohio earlier this year, I was in TN assisting Tom Givens with a pistol class. I do want to take a Haught class though.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

I've done shotgun with Awerbuck and Haught. The Haught class was excellent. Mike Lamb teaches in my area, and I've been meaning to do a shotgun class with him.

Thanks for the insight, guys. I really do appreciate it. I'll direct Dad to Givens or Cain when he's ready to proceed. Hell, I might go pick up a cheapo 500, slap an 18.5" barrel on it, a sling, and a light and go join him.

I've taken a Haught class, great class.

Haught takes people from "can't" to "can" really fast. It is unique and awesome as a technical class. I haven't trained with Cain (needs fixing) but I wonder whether the mindset stuff one would get from him would be more valuable to a really new person, or Rob's recoil magic.

One peril of a Haught class is that it makes 20 gauge unnecessary and inertia operation inconvenient.
    Ignore Alien Orders

User Tag List