Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 360vid for Training & Help a Bro Out.

360vid for Training & Help a Bro Out.

So... A buddy of mine, 3-gunner Jason Carillo (of Armalite, XRails, etc, sponsorship), showed up to a local match with a slick LG 360 Camera. (See https://www.cnet.com/products/lg-360-cam/ for a review)

The device is (and apparently most 360 cameras...) is a basically two wide angle lenses - one in the front and one in the back - that record simultaneously.
    The overlapping images are spliced together to create a 360 view of the action. He put the camera somewhere in the middle of a stage, up high, then it just recorded everything around it.

Oh. My. God.

The possibilities for video analysis from this angle are amazing - sure there is some distortion of the view - distances seem longer/etc - but it is pretty slick.

Check this FB video out. Use Chrome or a mobile device to experience it: (you might need to let it load first, hit replay before it makes "sense". Yes that's me in a Cubs shirt blasting with my Beretta...)

https://www.facebook.com/10000567720...2008789331690/

Most of you know that I'm a big fan of Coach's Eye software... Well, here's where things fall apart a bit: They have great single angle video editing, but, sadly, they don't support 360 video format. I've filed an idea on their support page - they're sometimes a bit slow to respond, but any help in up-voting this idea is seriously welcomed. (Note TechSmith will ask you to register an account before you can vote. For people with FB or Gmail it is pretty quick...)

https://feedback.techsmith.com/techs...0-video-format

Is this supposed to be how it looks?

On my phone it makes the surrounding look very weird but I don't seem to notice anything different with the shooter? But I could be missing it.
    i used to wannabe

No, yours didn't load correctly if that's what it showed. It's the same as YouTube 360 videos, your video plays and if you click and drag the mouse around you can turn your virtual head to see everywhere.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

That sounds pretty sick nasty. Gonna figure out how to get google chrome on my iPhone.
    i used to wannabe

That is insane. I have never heard of those kind of cameras.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    Is this supposed to be how it looks?
    Try it with a mobile device...

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    Try it with a mobile device...
    That's all I have is mobile devices. Doing some research now, looks like I need the YouTube app. I'm super anti "mobile friendly" so I don't use the app. Just downloaded it and now I'm trying to make it work but the video isn't on YouTube so I think I wasted a bunch of time lol
    i used to wannabe

I don't know that it's having a mobile device so much as it is having a compatible browser or plugin. Chrome should be squared away as should the dedicated YouTube app.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    That's all I have is mobile devices. Doing some research now, looks like I need the YouTube app. I'm super anti "mobile friendly" so I don't use the app. Just downloaded it and now I'm trying to make it work but the video isn't on YouTube so I think I wasted a bunch of time lol
    You on Facebook, bro? if so, check the link in there...
    (and hit me up...)

User Tag List