Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Whom should I Choose between Caldwell or 3M Hearing Protection ?

Quote Originally Posted by alexdrake View Post
    Hello

Rich_Jenkins

I usually do outdoor Shooting, around 1 hour and generaly use Shotgun.
    I want to hear sounds rather than conversations and i dont use hat while shooting.
    Lastly, I have Budget around 50$.
    Kindly suggest me Good Hearing protection device.

Regards
    Alex
    Hi Alex

In your situation I'd get the Howard Leight Impact Sports. $34 on Amazon last I checked. It is a #1 seller and offers decent NRR, fit, and electronic amplification at a good price point:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001T7QJ9O..._u1gjybJ72ZBAJ

Another good pair that fits in your budget are the Peltor Sport Rangeguards. I have a pair, and while I haven't used them heavily yet, seem to be working great for me so far. A few others have said positive things about them as well. They're worth considering at least.

https://www.amazon.com/RangeGuard-El...YSY3DCETSHZQS8

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Hi Alex

In your situation I'd get the Howard Leight Impact Sports. $34 on Amazon last I checked. It is a #1 seller and offers decent NRR, fit, and electronic amplification at a good price point:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001T7QJ9O..._u1gjybJ72ZBAJ
    Thanks
    Rich_Jenkins

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    Another good pair that fits in your budget are the Peltor Sport Rangeguards. I have a pair, and while I haven't used them heavily yet, seem to be working great for me so far. A few others have said positive things about them as well. They're worth considering at least.

https://www.amazon.com/RangeGuard-El...YSY3DCETSHZQS8
    Thanks
    spinmove_

Hey Guys
    After your valuable suggestions for hearing and Eye protection
    I made three choices that are:-
    peltor 3m
    howard leight impact earmuffs

Caldwell Hearing & Eye Protection

I gonna buy from these 3 choices you gave me.

Alex

Quote Originally Posted by alexdrake View Post
    Hey Guys
    After your valuable suggestions for hearing and Eye protection
    I made three choices that are:-
    peltor 3m
    howard leight impact earmuffs

Caldwell Hearing & Eye Protection

I gonna buy from these 3 choices you gave me.

Alex
    Your first Amazon link does not have the RangeGuard model as a result. Once again I'll recommend that set from Peltor/3M. The first result on your link was the Peltor/3M Tactical 100. While there are some very minor differences (ie black v. grey, different styling on the headband) for all practical purposes they are the same, except the Tactical 100 cost $20 more.

Quote Originally Posted by alexdrake;528264
    [URL="https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=peltor+3m&tag=googhydr-20&index=aps&hvadid=79199973198&hvpos=1t2&hvnetw=g &hvrand=13166348830789643796&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt =b&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9004065&hv targid=kwd-13803987005&ref=pd_sl_6dyd2o52w5_b"
    Bottom line these are listed in descending order of both price and quality.
    The Caldwells work OK, pain in the butt to change batteries, may not age well.
    The Howard Leights have an exterior battery compartment and they sell replacement ear cups.
    The Peltors were the original electronic ear muffs, and are now readily available for about a third the price they were. (Back when the Caldwells were "cheap", they ran about twice what they do now, for a mono-only version! The Peltors were about $200 back then!)
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by DMF13 View Post
    Your first Amazon link does not have the RangeGuard model as a result. Once again I'll recommend that set from Peltor/3M. The first result on your link was the Peltor/3M Tactical 100. While there are some very minor differences (ie black v. grey, different styling on the headband) for all practical purposes they are the same, except the Tactical 100 cost $20 more.
    Thanks DMF13
    by telling me the exact difference and telling my mistake.
    I Really appreciate that you told me this.

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    Bottom line these are listed in descending order of both price and quality.
    The Caldwells work OK, pain in the butt to change batteries, may not age well.
    The Howard Leights have an exterior battery compartment and they sell replacement ear cups.
    The Peltors were the original electronic ear muffs, and are now readily available for about a third the price they were. (Back when the Caldwells were "cheap", they ran about twice what they do now, for a mono-only version! The Peltors were about $200 back then!)
    DRANG
    Thanks for sharing your views for my three products which i listed and after your opinion i definitely look into this.

User Tag List