Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Israel Makes Glock 30s?

Israel Makes Glock 30s?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Only at PF does an ontopic post seems off topic. I love that about PF!

I'm with you on 45 glocks and I have small hands.
    Oddly enough PF is the reason I stopped carry a Gen 3 30. Well, and realizing I wasn't as good with it as I thought I was. But I guess that was PFs fault also.
    Last edited by MGW; 11-02-2016 at 09:41 PM.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Site Supporter
    I always thought a Glock 36 with a grip that wasn't so wide (meaning along the length of the round), longer grip and more capacity , and without that idiot honker on the end of the magazine would be an attractive 45.

So we are sure the Pres of P. doesn't know what he is talking about re the Glock 30s.

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    I love 45 caliber Glocks but I seem to be in the minority. I particularly like Gen 3 21s. I shoot them well but not very fast. Maybe taking my time and not expecting blazing speed is the reason I shoot them well though.
    Caution Necro post ahead!

.45 ACP Glocks (the ones I have owned and been issued have been universally excellent in the accuracy and reliability department.

I honestly cannot think of a .45 ACP I trust more than a Glock 21 (regular flavor or SF) to run reliably.

Lightweight, accurate, and very easy to shoot well, I have always thought very highly of them.

I know that is probably sacrilegious to say, especially as a long time 1911 shooter, and a big fan of other classic .45s like the 4506, but it is true. The Glock 21 is the one I would take into harms way over any other .45. The only other competitor in my book is the HK USP .45 and I simply don't currently own one. That is something I need to correct. The primary reason I would consider the USP is simply because it appears to be the most ideal platform for launching .45 Supers.

BTW the G30S is a sweet little .45 too.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post

.45 ACP Glocks (the ones I have owned and been issued have been universally excellent in the accuracy and reliability department.

I honestly cannot think of a .45 ACP I trust more than a Glock 21 (regular flavor or SF) to run reliably.

Lightweight, accurate, and very easy to shoot well, I have always thought very highly of them.

I know that is probably sacrilegious to say, especially as a long time 1911 shooter, and a big fan of other classic .45s like the 4506, but it is true. The Glock 21 is the one I would take into harms way over any other .45. The only other competitor in my book is the HK USP .45 and I simply don't currently own one. That is something I need to correct. The primary reason I would consider the USP is simply because it appears to be the most ideal platform for launching .45 Supers.

BTW the G30S is a sweet little .45 too.

I can't help but agree fully.

My Father's 'old faithful' .45 has been a Gen 2 G21 with a Jarvis barrel since '91-92ish or so. It has gone along on countless hiking, backpacking, and hunting trips. He bought one of the first barrels off of Jarvis's line for the G21 because of the fully supported chamber, to better suit reloading. I can shoot that Glock outstandingly well, and we've put untold thousands of reloads through it, usually a 230gr FMJ or TMJ with 5-5.1gr of bullseye underneath it. If memory serves, it's had two new recoil springs and some Wolff magazine springs but otherwise it has needed nothing to stay running - though the old school MeProLite night sights have long since died.
    (I should buy Dad some Trijicons for that thing.. hmm)

Last year, I did finally find a .45 ACP I can shoot better - a friend's full-boat 'all of it button' Wilson Combat 1911.

My USP45 shoots very well when I do my part, but I have to really think about it and focus on proper trigger control or I yank the shots low and left. Dad's old G21 may as well be telekinesis by comparison; Sight picture - trigger press, bullets go where I want them to without thought.

So Trijicons for Dad and another case of practice .45ACP for me, just for USP work.

P-F is expensive, you open a thread and suddenly you NEED to spend $250-1000 out of nowhere. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post

.45 ACP Glocks (the ones I have owned and been issued) have been universally excellent in the accuracy and reliability department.
    Not much to add, except to note that the last gun I bought was a Glock .45acp (G36).
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

I have a pair of .45 Glocks - my late wife’s early 21 which I’ll never sell, and a 41 which is a personal favorite. If they ever update the 30s to Gen5 or even Gen4 I’d be there instantly.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

My previous employer issued Glock 21s. I got a Gen3 SF. I found the gun to be very accurate and softer shooting than I expected. The trigger was one of the smoothest I’ve ever felt in a pre-Gen5 Glock. My only gripe was that the grip size was at the limit of what my hands could run efficiently. It’s been over a decade since I’ve handled a non-SF G21 but I believe I had to compromise my grip to reach the trigger.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    I can't help but agree fully.

My Father's 'old faithful' .45 has been a Gen 2 G21 with a Jarvis barrel since '91-92ish or so. It has gone along on countless hiking, backpacking, and hunting trips. He bought one of the first barrels off of Jarvis's line for the G21 because of the fully supported chamber, to better suit reloading. I can shoot that Glock outstandingly well, and we've put untold thousands of reloads through it, usually a 230gr FMJ or TMJ with 5-5.1gr of bullseye underneath it. If memory serves, it's had two new recoil springs and some Wolff magazine springs but otherwise it has needed nothing to stay running - though the old school MeProLite night sights have long since died.
    (I should buy Dad some Trijicons for that thing.. hmm)

Last year, I did finally find a .45 ACP I can shoot better - a friend's full-boat 'all of it button' Wilson Combat 1911.

My USP45 shoots very well when I do my part, but I have to really think about it and focus on proper trigger control or I yank the shots low and left. Dad's old G21 may as well be telekinesis by comparison; Sight picture - trigger press, bullets go where I want them to without thought.

So Trijicons for Dad and another case of practice .45ACP for me, just for USP work.

P-F is expensive, you open a thread and suddenly you NEED to spend $250-1000 out of nowhere. Lol.

Talk about parallel worlds!

My Father owns my Gen 2 G21. It was my old duty gun and the only reason I switched to a Gen 3 when they came out was that I worked night shift and wanted the rail. He still carries it to this day, along with a G19 I bought him for Father's Day one year.

Speaking of Jarvis Barrels; The extended barrel pictured above is a threaded Jarvis that I bought for use with a can.

The load that I have used most is just my old USPSA load that I got from Rob Leatham back in the mid 90s, consisting of 4.3 grains of Clays and a 200 grain SWC. Mild and superbly accurate. I have shot literally bucketfuls of that load through the 21s. BTW, many don't know this about .45 caliber Glocks. While the previous 9mms (pre-Marksman barrels with their traditional rifling)have polygonal rifling, the .45s have hexagonal rifling. I cannot say with any sort of scientific background if the difference matters when it comes to shooting lead, but I have put many tens of thousands of rounds through my Gen 3 21. I know it is considerably past 50K of LSWCs with zero issue. Hard cast being the key. Though I was pretty good about checking for signs of leading and cleaning it whenever I thought it was getting a bit cruddy. The 21 barrels are just plain smooth.

What I have found over the course of time is that I can shoot my tightest groups slow fire using a 1911, such as my Baer PII, or an early gen1 Kimber that is a tack driver. However for run and gun type shooting such as USPSA, I shoot the G21 better. The soft shooting characteristics of the G21 allow me to shoot it more accurately when shooting quickly. When combining speed and accuracy, it is the better choice for me.

Speaking of accuracy though, some might get a kick out of this. I have a 3'x3' target board that I sometimes shoot large bore revolver rounds at, at my cabin. Normally one person uses a spotting scope, and calls the shots, while the shooter walks the rounds onto the target. The range from the bench by the campfire pit to the target is 780 yards.

Here is a shot looking from the target to the cabin when it was first put up by a buddy who is a retired cop from back east:

And lunch break. Stopping to chow down on some elk and green stuff, before resuming our Elmer Keith games.

That bench seat btw, is made from an old hay wagon. You can see the old metal brake comb on the ground.

Just for Grins I grabbed the G21 with the Jarvis barrel and a magazine full of JHPs to see how close I could get. I actually managed to walk a single round into the target. I figured one out of 13 rounds at 780 yards was not too bad on a 3x3 target.

Fun stuff!

Unless Glock has changed something that I haven't kept up with (which is quite likely), all of their standard production barrels are polygonal in type. The .45 caliber offerings are cut with 8-sides (octagonal) while the other calibers are cut with 6-sides (hexagonal).
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

Quote Originally Posted by 41magfan View Post
    Unless Glock has changed something that I haven't kept up with (which is quite likely), all of their standard production barrels are polygonal in type. The .45 caliber offerings are cut with 8-sides (octagonal) while the other calibers are cut with 6-sides (hexagonal).

I think your right ref the Octagonal/Hexagonal. I was going off of memory, which on this subject is getting a bit long in the tooth!

User Tag List