Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Competition gets you killed on the streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Safeties - I was in a class and there were mostly Glocks. One guy had a Beretta and the safety fell off into the lawn and we had to look for it.
    Did the actual safety fall off, or did the right handed safety lever fall off? For a right handed shooter, I’d leave that part off anyway. It’s three extra unneeded parts.

Many years ago I had a friend that was a policeman and an IPSC competitor. During a traffic stop he had to draw his weapon and got into the "Shooter Ready" position of his hands above his shoulders to wait for the beep.

Fortunately he drew before the other guy or things would have come out differently. Too much competition shooting can kill you but some will help you. It's all a balancing act.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Did the actual safety fall off, or did the right handed safety lever fall off? For a right handed shooter, I’d leave that part off anyway. It’s three extra unneeded parts.
    IIRC, a left side safety lever fell off. It's been awhile. Class with about twenty Glocks and a couple of others. One the Beretta. Probably still in the dirt somewhere north of Dallas.

Quote Originally Posted by AzShooter View Post
    Many years ago I had a friend that was a policeman and an IPSC competitor. During a traffic stop he had to draw his weapon and got into the "Shooter Ready" position of his hands above his shoulders to wait for the beep.

Fortunately he drew before the other guy or things would have come out differently. Too much competition shooting can kill you but some will help you. It's all a balancing act.
    I love pistol forum.

There's no polite way for me to say this but I straight up don't believe you.

1. The start position has nothing to do mentally with the action of drawing the gun. In my mind I have never confused the two.
    2. Even if it magically did, the same issue could happen to anyone who practiced drawing a gun. So what's the solution here, never practice? The issue has nothing to do with competition.

Site Supporter

Competition gets you killed on the streets.

Site Supporter

Damn, it's a good thing he practiced drawing his gun a lot then.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Damn, it's a good thing he practiced drawing his gun a lot then.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    Name:  5C6B2ACF-E4D7-4AE5-BC3E-1D79CCE2E590.jpeg
Views: 304
Size:  25.6 KB

I was regretting starting this thread back in the day. It was painful to view myself stating the obvious.

Now I'm glad it's revived.

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    I was regretting starting this thread back in the day. It was painful to view myself stating the obvious.

Now I'm glad it's revived.
    Me too. I still think there’s value here. I am actually at the range practicing for Nationals. Definitely getting killed in the streets.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

User Tag List