Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 181

Thread: Competition gets you killed on the streets.

  1. #11
    Site Supporter Peally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Might want to argue with them on Facebook, we've beaten all the above to death multiple times over here

    I would advise against it though. Your time during the day is better spent not arguing with internet retards on why they're wrong.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

  2. #12
    Leopard Printer Mr_White's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Gaming In The Streets
    Quote Originally Posted by cor_man257 View Post
    I didnt know this had been discussed here. But based off the replies, i'm guessing its ad nauseum at this point.

    -Cory
    Probably true. These threads have a lot of relevant posts. I'm sure there are some others.

    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....lse-dichotomy&

    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....shot-at-10-yds
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

  3. #13
    Site Supporter Peally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by cor_man257 View Post
    I didnt know this had been discussed here. But based off the replies, i'm guessing its ad nauseum at this point.

    -Cory
    To be fair that's basically anything gun related here. Only thing left to do is practice or discuss drama
    Last edited by Peally; 10-31-2016 at 04:36 PM.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

  4. #14
    Member cor_man257's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    To be fair that's basically anything gun related here. Only thing left to do is practice or discuss drama
    Well, I guess it gets to be that way eventually with any forum. I thought the particular article referenced was really good at spelling out derp.

    -Cory

  5. #15
    Member Luke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Alabama
    I think we even have a few threads about the word derp.
    i used to wannabe

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    I think we even have a few threads about the word derp.
    Its a good word.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group

  7. #17
    Honest to God, didn't we just do PFestivus? I don't even drink and I'm still hung over...

  8. #18
    Site Supporter JCS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Oklahoma
    I've never quite understood this debate. It seems the anti competition people seem to think you have to be a "gamer" in competitions. Why can't people do both real word defensive training and competitive training? AM I missing something?

    Seems like Mr white and guys like Mike Seeklander are the perfect examples of this.
    "We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we FALL to the level of our training"- Archilochus

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by 1776United View Post
    I've never quite understood this debate. It seems the anti competition people seem to think you have to be a "gamer" in competitions. Why can't people do both real word defensive training and competitive training? AM I missing something?

    Seems like Mr white and guys like Mike Seeklander are the perfect examples of this.
    The simple answer, one which ive posted numerous times, is that gaming doesn't provide the fundamental requirements to survive a deadly force confrontation. Specifically mindset which is a general statement covering situational awareness, target discrimination and dozens of other proven concepts.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group

  10. #20
    Member Luke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Alabama
    After your so condition black in your ooda loop resettin operator mental warfare preparedness.. you have to fire the gun. Uspsa helps with that last part. The other part gets taken care of else where, with less Bullets and less fun. But usually more camo..
    i used to wannabe

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •