Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Competition gets you killed on the streets.

Might want to argue with them on Facebook, we've beaten all the above to death multiple times over here

I would advise against it though. Your time during the day is better spent not arguing with internet retards on why they're wrong.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Quote Originally Posted by cor_man257 View Post
    I didnt know this had been discussed here. But based off the replies, i'm guessing its ad nauseum at this point.

-Cory
    Probably true. These threads have a lot of relevant posts. I'm sure there are some others.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....lse-dichotomy&

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....shot-at-10-yds
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Quote Originally Posted by cor_man257 View Post
    I didnt know this had been discussed here. But based off the replies, i'm guessing its ad nauseum at this point.

-Cory
    To be fair that's basically anything gun related here. Only thing left to do is practice or discuss drama
    Last edited by Peally; 10-31-2016 at 04:36 PM.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    To be fair that's basically anything gun related here. Only thing left to do is practice or discuss drama
    Well, I guess it gets to be that way eventually with any forum. I thought the particular article referenced was really good at spelling out derp.

-Cory

I think we even have a few threads about the word derp.
    i used to wannabe

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    I think we even have a few threads about the word derp.
    Its a good word.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Honest to God, didn't we just do PFestivus? I don't even drink and I'm still hung over...

I've never quite understood this debate. It seems the anti competition people seem to think you have to be a "gamer" in competitions. Why can't people do both real word defensive training and competitive training? AM I missing something?

Seems like Mr white and guys like Mike Seeklander are the perfect examples of this.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Quote Originally Posted by 1776United View Post
    I've never quite understood this debate. It seems the anti competition people seem to think you have to be a "gamer" in competitions. Why can't people do both real word defensive training and competitive training? AM I missing something?

Seems like Mr white and guys like Mike Seeklander are the perfect examples of this.
    The simple answer, one which ive posted numerous times, is that gaming doesn't provide the fundamental requirements to survive a deadly force confrontation. Specifically mindset which is a general statement covering situational awareness, target discrimination and dozens of other proven concepts.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

After your so condition black in your ooda loop resettin operator mental warfare preparedness.. you have to fire the gun. Uspsa helps with that last part. The other part gets taken care of else where, with less Bullets and less fun. But usually more camo..
    i used to wannabe

User Tag List