Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Competition gets you killed on the streets.

Quote Originally Posted by cor_man257 View Post

I'm about an hour north of Tampa. Probably going to wind up going to Hernando Sportsman Club for USPSA.

-Cory
    Cory - Let me know if you want to squad up sometime. I did a match at Hernando in January. I enjoyed it.

I’m about an hour 15 drive south; we live in Safety Harbor.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Cory - Let me know if you want to squad up sometime. I did a match at Hernando in January. I enjoyed it.

I’m about an hour 15 drive south; we live in Safety Harbor.
    I knew you were down there somewhere. I dont think I'm going to make February, my brothers getting married the 16th and I think we have wedding stuff on the 10th.

Hopefully March though.

-Cory

I knew you were down there somewhere. I dont think I'm going to make February, my brothers getting married the 16th and I think we have wedding stuff on the 10th.

Hopefully March though.

-Cory
    You bet. I’ll see you in March. Unless it’s in the middle of the month; I had some unexpected work travel pop up I need to attend do.

But definitely up for it if I’m available.

Site Supporter
    Someone must have posted this but still:

https://www.agirlandagun.org/3-gun-helped-me-survive/

The folks who disparage competition and training drive me nuts at times.

The Best Defense had a nice Snubby- Five is Enough show, the other day. It sounded remarkably like some of the forum discussions on the issue. I wonder if those guys read the forums to garner brilliant idea?

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Someone must have posted this but still:

https://www.agirlandagun.org/3-gun-helped-me-survive/

The folks who disparage competition and training drive me nuts at times.

The Best Defense had a nice Snubby- Five is Enough show, the other day. It sounded remarkably like some of the forum discussions on the issue. I wonder if those guys read the forums to garner brilliant idea?
    I can't speak for Mike but when I was in media production it was pretty common to cruise blogs and forums for hot topics that you could turn into episodes. It makes sense to make an episode about something people are already talking about, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    That's why the only reloads I shoot out of my guns are my own and I don't let anyone shoot mine in theirs. I've actually had a couple of friends get pretty chapped about it, too bad.
    Same here, and they can get as chapped as they want.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Hopefully March though.

-Cory
    Cory - I signed up for Squad 1 at the May 12 match at Hernando, FYI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Cory - I signed up for Squad 1 at the May 12 match at Hernando, FYI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dang! I'm probably not going to make that one. I'm out of state that week, and get back on the 11th. Then, i think it's Mother's day on the 12th.

Plus were trying to go through the house buying process, and I don't know what headachs they'll invent.

Just a matter of time till we wind up shooting together.

-Cory

Dang! I'm probably not going to make that one. I'm out of state that week, and get back on the 11th. Then, i think it's Mother's day on the 12th.

Plus were trying to go through the house buying process, and I don't know what headachs they'll invent.

Just a matter of time till we wind up shooting together.

-Cory
    No worries.

Hey since we’ve completely derailed the thread at this point (not to mention probably both going to get kilt in the streets) where do you shoot, square range wise?

We’ve now moved to Lutz (33558) and it looks like the closest decent indoor range (because:Florida in Summer) appears to be Shooters World near USF on Fletcher.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    No worries.

Hey since we’ve completely derailed the thread at this point (not to mention probably both going to get kilt in the streets) where do you shoot, square range wise?

We’ve now moved to Lutz (33558) and it looks like the closest decent indoor range (because:Florida in Summer) appears to be Shooters World near USF on Fletcher.
    At the moment I have dryfire and matches. No practice range. There is a drainage area nearby where I can go shoot, but getting any actual training done would be unlikely.

I've only been to Hernando and WAC for ranges, and it was for matches. Guy from work goes to shooter world and likes it. So I might try it eventually.

I really want to find a range that doesnt cost a fortune and lets me practice draw. Havent found it yet. Eventually going to try to buy land and build a range, but thats more than a few years out.

I was kilt in the streetz 3 times today.

-Cory
    Last edited by Cory; 04-29-2019 at 07:08 PM.

User Tag List