Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Colt thread on another forum

Yes Sir!

Site Supporter
    Here is another thread on 1911forum, where the OP of the M45 thread runs a review of the Colt Combat Unit in 9mm. It's a good quick read, and the whole package looks like a lot of 1911 for the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cunningham View Post
    Let's chill on the forum bashing, please.
    Sorry about that.

Site Supporter
    I reckon that's the last time I'll post a link to another forum.

Here is another thread on 1911forum, where the OP of the M45 thread runs a review of the Colt Combat Unit in 9mm. It's a good quick read, and the whole package looks like a lot of 1911 for the money.
    Yes -- the originator of that thread doesn't actually post a whole lot on the forum but the threads he has started about the Colt guns have been pretty informative. He also started a thread where he discussed the transition to the Glock 19 for MARSOC. The M45A1 is still fielded within the Recon/Force Recon elements (at least for now). Seems like a solid guy, though I'm really not qualified to judge.
    Last edited by Robinson; 10-31-2016 at 07:50 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Guinnessman View Post
    Here is the link: https://forums.1911forum.com/showthr...ht=combat+unit

Posting with a lack of coffee is a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbninftry View Post
    Attachment 11418

YES JAY and other Mods I will take the hit!!!!

GIANT F'ING SNIP
    Your Hi-point is calling!
    Damn, son, is it PFestivus again already? Someone sure pissed in your Wheaties today!

Held a new production Colt Competition Pistol yesterday at Cabelas. Was pretty impressed with the overall fit and finish for a sub $1K 1911. I would argue that it is fit as well as my TRP. I would have taken it home but they wanted about $150 more than I was willing to pay. I'm going to pick up one in 9mm for sure and I'll most likely snag a CCU in 9mm as well. I'm glad Colt turned the corner and is back to producing no-nonsense hard use 1911s and ARs again that people will actually buy.
    Shoot more, post less...

I'm certain there is a CCU in my future.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    I reckon that's the last time I'll post a link to another forum.

Yes -- the originator of that thread doesn't actually post a whole lot on the forum but the threads he has started about the Colt guns have been pretty informative. He also started a thread where he discussed the transition to the Glock 19 for MARSOC. The M45A1 is still fielded within the Recon/Force Recon elements (at least for now). Seems like a solid guy, though I'm really not qualified to judge.
    Morning, gents.

GS5414 reporting in as a long-time lurker of PF. I see and hear all...

Any questions I'd be happy to answer.

ETA - While I do have influence and oversight of institutional-level combat and competition marksmanship doctrine and development (training/materiel/personnel), please understand I simply cannot answer everything to everyone. If you're unsure about something, don't hesitate to PM me.

S/F
    Last edited by C1-2DG; 10-31-2016 at 11:22 PM. Reason: Forgot to add something

Site Supporter
    Welcome GS5414.

I think you posted some solid info on the other forum about your experience with the Colt guns -- it's good to read the perspective from someone who pushes the guns like you do.

I also think your post on MARSOC's transition to the G19 was very good. Especially the part about how folks shouldn't become emotionally attached to a weapon for serious use because things grow and change.

There are some very experienced people who are members here at PF.com -- much more so than myself. Hopefully you can participate in some good discussion.
    Last edited by Robinson; 11-01-2016 at 08:35 AM.

User Tag List