Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt thread on another forum

Site Supporter

Colt thread on another forum

The linked forum has a lot of posts about fit & finish, which 1911 is best, etc... but the OP of the linked thread has posted some interesting stuff there. This is about a Marine Corps M45A1 that has seen some hard use. A couple good pictures of the gun are included.

https://forums.1911forum.com/showthr...61#post8463761

I keep reading that the Colts they are making now are better than ever. I may need to pick up one soon just to see. Has been awhile for their 1911s.

Site Supporter
    Man, I probably wouldn't buy a M45A1, but that gun is sexy.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Man, I probably wouldn't buy a M45A1, but that gun is sexy.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    The Combat Unit is identical except no cerakote and 25 LPI checker in for about $300 less...I've been tempted...

I only have a couple of Colts. A GI model and a Colt CRG anniversary model. The CRG was going to be the base for a full build, just never got to it. Both pistols have been light use. The GI has probably less than 1K and the CRG has ~2500 rounds through it. Both pistols with various ammo under various use, I cannot think of a single stoppage as of yet in either. These are not a lot of rounds and are only a sample of 2 pistols so keep that in mind.

Colts are my favorite. I collected them for about 20 years or more. Have sold most of them off now and am out of collecting.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

The responses to the initial post show that "the DERP" is strong at 1911forum.com .

Let's chill on the forum bashing, please.

Some good video of Force Recon training with the M45A1...though I think the moving target training with the G36K was the most interesting part...

"When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Name:  USMC Colt.jpg
Views: 746
Size:  71.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    The responses to the initial post show that "the DERP" is strong at 1911forum.com .
    YES JAY and other Mods I will take the hit!!!!

Dear Greg,
    I don’t see the Derp. Go back to ARFCOM. That is an ASSHOLE comment.

Pistol-forum and Pistol-training were both started by a brilliant individual. He might have not liked the 1911 but he also owned and respected a 1911 that runs well. There are individuals that are on this forum to include myself (third comment down) that are on other forums, like the 1911forum, M4C and louderthanwords.com.
    This forum is about a study of good judicious studies of pistols. I run and have run 1911s, as well as Glocks and HKs. I do not see anything that you would not see on this forum or other reputable forums. In fact asking what your schedules are or what lube you run have both been recently started again, multiple times over. So if you really want to insult people, I recommend ARCOM, its full of assholes ready to insult other people.

You might not like the 1911 platform, fine, but it has killed more Nazis and Empirical Japanese than any other enemy combined. Handgun to handguns……

You sir are an ingrate!!

Here are the comments that you so call "DERP"

Quote Originally Posted by desertmoon View Post
    No questions....just a ton of admiration. THAT is what a pistol SHOULD look like. It means you use it!
    Quote Originally Posted by dsk View Post
    Of course the funny part is that being a USMC-marked one collectors are likely freaking out, since if left in mint condition it would easily be worth about $4,000.
    Quote Originally Posted by arbninftry View Post
    That is a good Colt! Shoot the snot out of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwise View Post
    What is your average cleaning interval? What is the most number of rounds you have put through it before cleaning?
    Quote Originally Posted by jimh425 View Post
    Why don't you clean your gun?
    Quote Originally Posted by SFC Rick View Post
    Bravo! Bravo! I hope to wear mine out over the upcoming years. I agree my Colt runs like a well tuned racecar!
    Quote Originally Posted by dakota1911 View Post
    Happiness is a hot gun.

The 1911 might not be tactical Tupperware, but a good 1911 is still carried and ran, by some of the best alive. A GOOD 1911 is still hard to beat, as a go to handgun.

Name:  military-humor-hi-point-firearms.jpg
Views: 1000
Size:  20.6 KB

Your Hi-point is calling!
    Last edited by Arbninftry; 10-31-2016 at 01:07 AM. Reason: Adding Insult to Asshole Comment! FU&* YA!!TEAM AMERICA

User Tag List