Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Remington released a polymer pistol today

Remington released a polymer pistol today

Name:  RemRPCover.jpg
Views: 693
Size:  53.7 KB
    Last edited by LittleLebowski; 10-25-2016 at 07:47 AM.
    #RESIST

The XM17 Trials...

Name:  d11d1c516380d1c6ed3da36170911e6e4c7c3683a178d1573d9f56f12fe6a193.jpg
Views: 845
Size:  42.1 KB
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

I'm sure it'll be innovative, reliable and a Glock Killer.

Name:  dr_evil_austin_powers.jpg
Views: 891
Size:  8.8 KB
    Last edited by Kyle Reese; 10-24-2016 at 07:26 PM.

When I saw Tac Soup's instagram post I thought it was a joke. So they really did make a gun that looks like they morphed a Ruger American frame and a M&P frame, with a slide who's rear half looks like a PPQ.
    Last edited by Casual Friday; 10-24-2016 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    When I saw Tac Soup's instagram post I thought it was a joke. So they really did make a gun that looks like they morphed a Ruger American frame and a M&P frame, with a slide who's rear half looks like a PPQ.
    I half thought you were joking, and then I looked at the picture. It really does look like the weird love child of those 3 guns.

Wait - that's an actual pistol? Holy shiite, Batman...

Looks like the took a Ruger American, sent it out to be "melted" and re-marked it...

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    I really wonder with the pistol market as saturated as it is these days if anyone is going to make any money on a new pistol unless they come out with the new "Glock"?

Maybe in the age of CAD, MIM, and CNC the development and production costs of a new pistol design are greatly reduced but this and several other resent pistols seem to me nothing other than wastes of effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    this and several other resent pistols seem to me nothing other than wastes of effort.
    Seems like a valid point. One is left to wonder what this gun has to offer that all of the other recent single action striker-fired pistols from manufacturers of arguably better repute don't. Price, maybe? It's a pretty fine line between "cheap enough to save significant money vs Walther/HK/SIG" and "so cheap that the price raises doubts about its quality."

With Remington's horrendous quality control issues in recent years, and outsourcing of small parts to manufacturers in foreign lands, the odds of me carrying a handgun made by "Big Green" is exceedingly slim. It would have to be thoroughly tested and vetted by by some top notch folks with unquestionable integrity before I would trust my life to it.

Somehow I don't think my Glocks will be traded in any time soon.

Maybe I'm the only one to think so, but their lighting is either really badly done, or that gun looks at first glance like a Hi Point.

Interesting. They may be a little behind the curve on the polymer pistol thing though.

User Tag List