Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Leatherhead 220gr .300Blk cast & coated vs cedar tree

Leatherhead 220gr .300Blk cast & coated vs cedar tree

Definitely subsonic rounds at about 35 yards. Suckers hit hard for the amount of powder behind them, I know that has a lot to do with the bullet shape. I started off with 10.0 grains of Titegroup and backed it down to 9.9 grains after one out of six rounds went supersonic out of my Knights SR-30. I bought these bullets and a bunch of their 9mm 125s, pretty happy with them.

http://leatherheadbullets.com/30-cal...ackout-500-ct/

#RESIST

Site Supporter
    Curious, what is your projected use for subsonic 300 BLK? Hunting, varmint control, fun, etc... ?

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    Curious, what is your projected use for subsonic 300 BLK? Hunting, varmint control, fun, etc... ?
    Fun, mainly for these bullets. Now, the Outlate State expanding subsonic bullets are piquing my interest for short range hunting.
    Last edited by LittleLebowski; 10-24-2016 at 12:35 PM.
    #RESIST

Leatherhead, cool! I know those guys. First met Dave at a class a few years ago, seen him at competitions now and then since. Great guy!
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_White View Post
    Leatherhead, cool! I know those guys. First met Dave at a class a few years ago, seen him at competitions now and then since. Great guy!
    He may or may not be lurking on this forum
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    He may or may not be lurking on this forum
    I know who he is, I just didn't want to out him if he didn't want to be named.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_White View Post
    I know who he is, I just didn't want to out him if he didn't want to be named.
    I am good with it. I just don't do any pimping of the bullets here. Too much stuff to learn form you guys.

LL, these are my concerns, dude. You're getting me interested in yet another caliber. I'd try these in .30 Herrett but I'm fairly certain the rifling is too slow.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    LL, these are my concerns, dude. You're getting me interested in yet another caliber. I'd try these in .30 Herrett but I'm fairly certain the rifling is too slow.
    Well, that's what you pay me for; to stay on top of all of this new shit. My .300Blk is yours to shoot if you ever come by the Kremlin (DC). Tom can't watch or he has to pay a hundred.
    Last edited by LittleLebowski; 10-26-2016 at 08:43 AM.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Well, that's what you pay me for; to stay on top of all of this new shit. My .300Blk is yours to shoot if you ever come by the Kremlin (DC). Tom can't watch or he has to pay a hundred.
    As long as nobody there tries to cut off my johnson, I'm in. In the meantime I'm headed to a cash machine to buy to buy some of these bullets.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

User Tag List