Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hillary's 25% gun tax...

Hillary's 25% gun tax...

I thought this deserved its own thread so it could be shut down and ignored if it's BS, but if it's not, then it really needs its own thread.

http://www.atr.org/hillary-new-25-na...n-tax-i-am-all

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    As I understand it, there's already a 10 percent tax. It's actually an incentive to build an AR rather than buy it. You pay 10% on the receiver if you buy a receiver, you pay 10% on everything if you buy it built.

When the gun control establishment says nobody wants to take your guns, what they really mean is "unfortunately it's not possible to take your guns right now, but we're working on it over the long term."

Hillary's 25% gun tax...

Quote Originally Posted by LorenzoS View Post
    When the gun control establishment says nobody wants to take your guns, what they really mean is "unfortunately it's not possible to take your guns right now, but we're working on it over the long term."
    True story.

"We aren't going to take your guns, just trying real hard to make you feel like you have to get rid of them."

"We're going to tax you an extra 25% to exercise a right, then use that money to fund a concerted effort to eliminate that right. Have fun funding your own demise. Bwahaha"
    Last edited by LOKNLOD; 10-24-2016 at 12:44 PM.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    As I understand it, there's already a 10 percent tax. It's actually an incentive to build an AR rather than buy it. You pay 10% on the receiver if you buy a receiver, you pay 10% on everything if you buy it built.
    11%
    https://www.atf.gov/firearms/firearm...s-war-firearms

Quote Originally Posted by LorenzoS View Post
    They speak plainly .

It's not the guns in circulation today they're concerned about. Theyre after the guns your kids and grandkids would own.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

So....

I have to ask, being that his was from 1993 and I'm sure she really hasn't changed her position on this, does anyone remember hearing her say anything in her campaign even remotely synonymous to this?

Quote Originally Posted by rauchman View Post
    So....

I have to ask, being that his was from 1993 and I'm sure she really hasn't changed her position on this, does anyone remember hearing her say anything in her campaign even remotely synonymous to this?
    She will support anything restricting firearms that she can get through Congress or enact by executive order. If she gets a Dem congress, expect some sort of tax increases as well as laws making firearms manufacturers liable if someone misuses their products as well as limits on mag sizes. I don't know if Hillary cares about guns one way or the other personally, but her base expects lots of action on gun control and she intends to give them what they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    She will support anything restricting firearms that she can get through Congress or enact by executive order. If she gets a Dem congress, expect some sort of tax increases as well as laws making firearms manufacturers liable if someone misuses their products as well as limits on mag sizes. I don't know if Hillary cares about guns one way or the other personally, but her base expects lots of action on gun control and she intends to give them what they want.
    Totally agree with this, however, I can't recall her mentioning anything like this on the campaign trail this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by rauchman View Post
    Totally agree with this, however, I can't recall her mentioning anything like this on the campaign trail this time around.
    Clinton is a master of the political long game. Her toned-down rhetoric reflects the realization that gun control is not as popular as the early '90's and that pushing it too hard will compromise her support from moderates. I am certain that she would eliminate civilian ownership of firearms, except perhaps some narrow allowances for hunting like in England, if it were in her power. Since she cannot do that in the short term she will be very strategic in furthering that objective through Supreme Court appointees and as many innocuous "reasonable regulations" that she can accomplish.

Once she is elected, expect a steady stream of restrictions and regulations that are just moderate enough as to not attract too much attention.
    Last edited by LorenzoS; 10-27-2016 at 01:44 PM.

User Tag List