Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gravity assistance for empty mag drop (specifically, on Gen4 Glock 19) ?

Quote Originally Posted by LeeC View Post

I think if I make a conscious effort to rotate my grip slightly for the reload, the problem is solved.

Or you could try to use your other thumb, a lot of people do it that way.

Might this be a solution for you?

Gen4 extended mag release:

http://www.glockworld.com/item/52869...seplastic.aspx
    AKA: SkyLine1

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Bell View Post
    Or you could try to use your other thumb, a lot of people do it that way.

Thanks, I'm glad you said that. I thought to try that during dry drills and it worked pretty well for me, but I didn't want to start learning a bad habit. Good to know that is an option. I'll try both and see which works better.
    "You are no more armed because you are wearing a pistol than you are a musician because you own a guitar." -- Jeff Cooper, in "Principles Of Personal Defense"

Quote Originally Posted by SkyLine1 View Post
    Might this be a solution for you?

Gen4 extended mag release:

http://www.glockworld.com/item/52869...seplastic.aspx
    Interesting. So how does this differ from the stock button? Does it only extend the button further out from the frame? Seems like it couldn't sit further back from the trigger without requiring the hole in the grip to be enlarged.
    "You are no more armed because you are wearing a pistol than you are a musician because you own a guitar." -- Jeff Cooper, in "Principles Of Personal Defense"

We are diminished
    Ironically enough, I had a mag fail to fall while demoing the FAST today. I discovered the mag had failed to drop when the fresh mag crashed into it, sending the partially-dropped mag back into the gun where it latched in place and needed me to hit the mag button again to dislodge.

It was hilarious...

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    Ironically enough, I had a mag fail to fall while demoing the FAST today. I discovered the mag had failed to drop when the fresh mag crashed into it, sending the partially-dropped mag back into the gun where it latched in place and needed me to hit the mag button again to dislodge.

It was hilarious...
    Nice! LOL.. Where's a camera when you need it most. Would love to have seen that. Todd -- thanks so much for sharing that. Not only did I get a much needed laugh, but it helps put things into perspective for me. If you can still manage to do that once in a blue moon, I won't feel as bad when I do it.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post

It was hilarious...
    Todd,

Just do this:

Its called the hammer smash reload... Arf..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEg2wgSINro
    Last edited by Magsz; 12-07-2011 at 10:43 PM. Reason: Bad Hotlink.

Last edited by Magsz; 12-07-2011 at 10:43 PM. Reason: Bad Hotlink.
    I was looking forward to seeing the "hammer smash reload" but the link still points to a video with no mag drop failures.

Its not a complete failure but if you watch closely i am shaking the hell out of the pistol and doing a hammer motion with my hand to get the magazines to drop.

The Glock definitely does not drop magazines like a P30 or an M&P.

Oh to have metal magazines again.

Had trouble with "mag freeze" again last night at the range. The first one was in the middle of a FAST drill The second time it happened, I noticed the cause--my generic Glockmeister type plug had slipped down some. I pressed it back into place and the problem went away. I noticed that this plug tends to slip down over time and I have to press it back up into place. Don't know if this is typical or the result of buying a cheap knock-off part.

Anybody have any comments, experience or recommendations about a different Glock 19 plug, maybe with some extra weight and a set screw?

User Tag List