Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I might need to get another job, or two......

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    Not to be outdone by Chuck and his future Korth......I have a matched set of Jim Stroh 38/44's converted to .44 spl with Walrus Ivory grips on the way.
    You have two of them??????? A new thread with photos is absolutely required within 24 hours of those arriving at Casa Dagga. Meanwhile the rest of us will practice letting the hate flow through us.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    I had a hood dent on my assigned plain wrap from an asshole's whole body. He ran from the stolen car he ditched across a hotel parking lot. I just kept chasing him, Kojack light and siren going and gave him a "bump" to stop his evil flight from justice.
    I did the same thing, on two occasions, with motorcycles that had to slow down because of the good old Highway Department blocking the road. Bump that rear tire with a solid fender, and wonder of wonders, its the Flying Walendas revisited.

Ya know, we had fun back in the day, because we could DO that sort of thing to deserving miscreants and not get fired/jailed. These poor youngsters of today simply have no idea what they are missing.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    I did the same thing, on two occasions, with motorcycles that had to slow down because of the good old Highway Department blocking the road. Bump that rear tire with a solid fender, and wonder of wonders, its the Flying Walendas revisited.

Ya know, we had fun back in the day, because we could DO that sort of thing to deserving miscreants and not get fired/jailed. These poor youngsters of today simply have no idea what they are missing.

That's true, but in many cases, we can't to things today because of stuff you guys did. Generally, not specifically you. My first job banned pitting because a hwy guy pitted a car at 80 mph on a highway with solid walls. As you may recall, pitting is not recommended or taught at that speed. The car bounced off both walls a few times and killed the driver.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    I had a hood dent on my assigned plain wrap from an asshole's whole body. He ran from the stolen car he ditched across a hotel parking lot. I just kept chasing him, Kojack light and siren going and gave him a "bump" to stop his evil flight from justice.
    That's finesse right there.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    There's no magic cure. It's either a tight .357 or loose 9mm. That aside, I don't know if I could stand to pistol whip someone with a $3500 revolver.
    Why not both?

http://www.xtremebullets.com/9mm-147...47rn-b0500.htm

Site Supporter
    Mt Olympus, Los Angeles, CA, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Wonder how well .355 bullets work in a .357 bore, or what they did to make that not an issue.
    Fits right in with the fact that firearms have been regulated in Germany to the point that they are basically only for the wealthy.
    Older Ratzeburg Korth revolvers had a .355" bore. Not sure about the Lollar production. And Germany is tied with Iceland for #15 among the nations with the highest gun ownership.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    Chuck, you are of course aware that the 'goose will reportedly fit L-frame leather and takes K/L frame grips... all you need is the initial cost of entry... you're GTG otherwise.
    Korth frames are too small for molded L-frame leather.
    Michael@massmeans.com | Zeleny@post.harvard.edu | westcoastguns@gmail.com | larvatus prodeo @ livejournal | +1-323-363-1860 | “If at first you don’t succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.” — Curly Howard, 1936 | “All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.” — Samuel Beckett, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    That's true, but in many cases, we can't to things today because of stuff you guys did. Generally, not specifically you. My first job banned pitting because a hwy guy pitted a car at 80 mph on a highway with solid walls. As you may recall, pitting is not recommended or taught at that speed. The car bounced off both walls a few times and killed the driver.
    Yeah, I recall. I also recall that choke holds aren't taught either... and its still the best way (aside from shooting him in the fucking head... several times) to take down a zoned-out crackhead who is about to whip three cop's asses, very badly, unless he is taken down NOW.

I have pitted two vehicles; both at high speeds. One killed the driver. I did what I did because, otherwise, citizen lives were about to be endangered by these assholes. So please don't... shit, never mind. I'm done here.

All in how you write it....which is half the problem. "pitting" is very different than legal intervention which was use of lethal force, and needed to get written and justified as a lethal force usage. We actually saved many citizens lives with proper use of legal intervention. The key....write it like you shot them.

Kind of like choke holds versus carotid. Carotid is the best non lethal force tool we have....and guys not getting to use because of people not prosper.y writing cases and documenting force.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

User Tag List