Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Do you want a rebellion cause this is how you start a rebellion

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    Yes. Now I want to see if the guys who played "by the rules" and already paid up get their money back. This whole debacle rests entirely with the CAL ARNG - and the state needs to pay the money back, NOT the soldiers who in good faith fulfilled their obligations.
    What? Give a bunch of guys who probably aren't uniformly reliable Dem voters their money back when the state needs the money to build a high-speed train to nowhere and increase state pensions again? That's either crazy talk or hate speech. I'm not sure which, but I'm real sure it must be one or both of them.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    What? Give a bunch of guys who probably aren't uniformly reliable Dem voters their money back when the state needs the money to build a high-speed train to nowhere and increase state pensions again? That's either crazy talk or hate speech. I'm not sure which, but I'm real sure it must be one or both of them.
    Hey, the train doesn't go to nowhere, it will go between Manteca and Bakersfield. The more important thing is not were it will go but how many supposed jobs it will create and how much of the tax payers $$$ can be given to Richard Blum's enterprises.

Heh. I lived in CA through most of the BS surrounding that project, and never knew it was Dick Blum's thing. Man, Feinstein works all the angles, eh?

(For those of you not versed in the last 45 years of CA politics, Richard Blum is Senator Dianne Feinstein's husband.)
    Last edited by Lex Luthier; 10-27-2016 at 08:46 AM.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    Hey, the train doesn't go to nowhere, it will go between Manteca and Bakersfield. The more important thing is not were it will go but how many supposed jobs it will create and how much of the tax payers $$$ can be given to Richard Blum's enterprises.
    Dianne Feinstein is just jealous that Hugo Chavez's daughter is worth maybe $8 billion while Blum is worth low billions max. I mean, here she is, the former mayor of San Francisco as well as a Senator from California--one of the richest places in the world--for the better part of 30 years and she and her husband (I'm not sure if Blum is husband #3 or #4) aren't worth as much as the daughter of some tin pot Latin American dictator?

You can imagine the seething outrage inside the heavily botoxed face. She should be worth two to three times as much as la chica rica at a minimum. And think about all those worth even less--Nancy Pelosi whose husband made decent money on San Fran Section 8 housing, but nothing like Blum, or Barbara Boxer, whose husband parlayed her union and political connections into the most valuable workers compensation law practice in Northern California, but still doesn't have real dynastic-type wealth.

They need the bullet train to nowhere. They've devoted their lives to politics and some little twerp from Venezuela is going to be richer than them? Not a chance. That bullet train is going to be the basis for a lot of fortunes.

Site Supporter
    I had the idea that the Donald could say that he would cover half the supposed debt if the Clinton Foundation or Bill's personal wealth could cover the other half. Bill could easily make up the money from a speech to Goldman Sachs or from the Sultan of Qatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    I had the idea that the Donald could say that he would cover half the supposed debt if the Clinton Foundation or Bill's personal wealth could cover the other half. Bill could easily make up the money from a speech to Goldman Sachs or from the Sultan of Qatar.
    I think Bill will only give speeches to dictators who can prove they don't speak a word of English and the Qataris speak some.

As for Trump's alleged "billions," um . . . .

Site Supporter
    ........." I think they misunderstand the concept of a volunteer military."

Oh, they understand just fine - they just don't CARE!

Quote Originally Posted by FNFAN View Post
    Well Sheesh & GeeWhiz!

We gotta balance out the $1,300,000,000.00 we gave Iran somehow! Be Reasonable!
    This money was not US funds. It was Iranian funds already in the US that Iran was blocked from accessing and using. In other words, Iranian assets released back to iran.

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

User Tag List