Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Full review of the Kenai Chest Holster for the outdoorsmen

After seeing Jody’s recommendation on these, I’ve thought about getting one for a Shield or an M&P Compact 2.0 to wear while running with the pup or while trucking around in shorts and a hoodie. I always liked the idea of a chest holster for driving, too.

civiliandefender.com

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Interesting idea. Might have to look into that.
    If you're talking about the HD rig thing, please let me know. I am simply envisioning something that can hold a gun w/light, handheld light, phone, keys, maybe a TQ. To this end my mind created a Kenai with Tacos or Ten-Speeds. I think the much cheaper and simpler option would either be a HPG Recon Kit Bag or a fanny pack.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

I like the HPG too. Haven’t figured out a trail running solution yet though.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

The nice thing about the HPG Kit Bag is that it's not gun specific and several different versions are offered, depending on how much stuff you need to carry besides the gun itself.
    Last edited by 41magfan; 01-21-2018 at 07:22 PM.
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

Regarding trail running, I use a HPG snubby kit bag (original pattern) while running on trails or road. I pair it with their recon harness because it'll carry a hydration bladder. I've completed many 20+ mile runs with that setup, very comfortable for me even in warm weather.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FOG View Post
    I've completed many 20+ mile runs with that setup, very comfortable for me even in warm weather.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
    There is no way that running 20+ miles in one go is 'very comfortable,' no matter what you're wearing

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    There is no way that running 20+ miles in one go is 'very comfortable,' no matter what you're wearing
    Been there, done that. It is more akin to some Native Vision Quest where personal suffering allows you to gain insight on the universe... and eat three burgers and down a pitcher of beer while hanging out with your trail running weirdo friends.

My fitness plan for life is essentially "Fat kid does a trick, fat kid gets a treat."
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    Been there, done that. It is more akin to some Native Vision Quest where personal suffering allows you to gain insight on the universe... and eat three burgers and down a pitcher of beer while hanging out with your trail running weirdo friends.

My fitness plan for life is essentially "Fat kid does a trick, fat kid gets a treat."
    I draw the line at a 10k - any more running than that and my cripplingly short attention span begins to make it deeply uncomfortable.

User Tag List