Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Review Sig Match Elite 1911 in 9mm

Review Sig Match Elite 1911 in 9mm

The "just when I though it was over 1911" thread had me owning yet another 1911!
    So with that comes an Out of the Box to Match Review.

Great review. I like that you let the shooting do the talking and the enthusiasm for the gun and the shooting clearly came through. The gun itself reminds me a lot of a STI Trojan 5.0.

I have one in .40 and it's an excellent pistol.

Nice review. I have been wanting a 1911 in 9MM with adjustable sights that has more features than a Springfield Range Officer.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary1911A1 View Post
    Nice review. I have been wanting a 1911 in 9MM with adjustable sights that has more features than a Springfield Range Officer.
    A couple cool things I didn't cover were the ejection port modification to facilitate loaded round ejection, the little cut on the slide stop to make it easy
    to push past the plunger (reducing Idiot Marks) and as a sinister side shooter...that Ambi is very nicely fit and operates as I like.

Quote Originally Posted by P.E. Kelley View Post
    A couple cool things I didn't cover were the ejection port modification to facilitate loaded round ejection, the little cut on the slide stop to make it easy
    to push past the plunger (reducing Idiot Marks) and as a sinister side shooter...that Ambi is very nicely fit and operates as I like.
    I immediately noticed the ejection port mod very nice. The slide stop mod is awesome I can barely get my nighthawk reassembled!

Review Sig Match Elite 1911 in 9mm

I traded into one of these recently. I really like it a lot. Mine came with a plain black adjustable rear and fiber front. Built in March of this year. Have less than 500 rounds through it so far. Super accurate and recoil is very light.

I need to track down some good 9mm magazines though. Any recommendations?
    Last edited by MGW; 10-24-2016 at 08:19 PM.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

The guys I know who shoot 9mm 1911s have high praise for the Wilson ETMs:

http://shopwilsoncombat.com/9mm/products/364/

Tripp research is a good mag, has a metal follower. I have one of their 10 round .38 super mags for evaluation and I like it a lot.

4 of the 6 mags I used in the video were humble Metalforms. But you are welcome to spend more.

User Tag List