Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Interesting mag set up on an officer

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    I have the double on my uniform rig. GTG

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    The Safariland pouch is a good way to get three magazines in the real estate of two. Keep in mind, it is three mag weight in the space of two, and if you went cheap (a general cop trend), don't properly use enough keepers (another general cop trend), and wear a too loose stretched out duty belt on too thin a garrison belt (general cop trifecta of wrong) you will get gear sag.....amplified with fat and improperly fitted or adjusted body armor, and you get things at angles and positions they should not be.
    This.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    The Safariland pouch is a good way to get three magazines in the real estate of two. Keep in mind, it is three mag weight in the space of two, and if you went cheap (a general cop trend), don't properly use enough keepers (another general cop trend), and wear a too loose stretched out duty belt on too thin a garrison belt (general cop trifecta of wrong) you will get gear sag.....amplified with fat and improperly fitted or adjusted body armor, and you get things at angles and positions they should not be.
    This. When I see these on my colleagues, in a very big Texas municipality other than Austin, the pouches are not angled-outward, or sagging, because they are being worn by heavy hitters, who bought them. LCD folks are likely to use the conventional-style low-bid made-in-China junk single mag pouches issued by Supply Division. (We are issued two single pouches.) Also, notably, the LCD folks tend to carry only one spare magazine; the second mag pouch, if on the belt, tends to carry a pocket knife or nitrile gloves.
    Last edited by Rex G; 10-22-2016 at 01:17 PM.

Site Supporter
    I remember seeing a wedge of sorts in my local cop shop but that's for fat cops that need the forward tilt.

I do see them, however, just loose over time from wear.

Also this happens as well when the belt is too loose and flops forward due to weight...
    Not really a forward tilt, but I've found wearing a keeper on each side of the pouch and pushing then behind the pouch gives a nice offset. It's not a lot, but I've found I can get at the mags a little smoother that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    Not really a forward tilt, but I've found wearing a keeper on each side of the pouch and pushing then behind the pouch gives a nice offset. It's not a lot, but I've found I can get at the mags a little smoother that way.
    I've drawn up a few variations on the three, four and give mag pouches but doubt I can get anyone to make them.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

I recall in the days of nylon that Ichiro Nagata had a five stacked mag pouch with edge on orientation.

I only saw in field once, worn by a PSD guy who was designated shooter left in contact. He was also running a Glock 18 as primary. Have not seen in more contemporary usage since however.

Rather perfectly reflected a certain time period and way of thinking I might conjecture, but might of course be biased by sample size. Could certainly have been more common and i just never saw.

A modern kydex variant in 3 stack might be interesting tonplay with, but not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by abu fitna View Post
    I recall in the days of nylon that Ichiro Nagata had a five stacked mag pouch with edge on orientation.

I only saw in field once, worn by a PSD guy who was designated shooter left in contact. He was also running a Glock 18 as primary. Have not seen in more contemporary usage since however.

Rather perfectly reflected a certain time period and way of thinking I might conjecture, but might of course be biased by sample size. Could certainly have been more common and i just never saw.

A modern kydex variant in 3 stack might be interesting tonplay with, but not sure.
    Tuff Products makes them. Still available.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LtDave View Post
    Tuff Products makes them. Still available.
    http://www.tuffproducts.com/7005-5-i...agazine-pouch/

Quote Originally Posted by DMF13 View Post
    I have two. They are meh at best. Probably good for the guy who runs a rifle and needs one or two max pistol mags. Not for duty though.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

My only gripe with this mag pouch was that I couldn't get uniform tension on the mags....the center one was always tighter than the outboard ones.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

User Tag List