Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Interesting mag set up on an officer

Site Supporter

Interesting mag set up on an officer

We go to the flagship Whole Foods in Austin. Great foodie store but with stupid 30.06,07 signs (sidebar - lots of employees think they are stupid too).

They have an underground garage and an officer (sheriff) directing traffic. She is wearing a new set up for my eyes. Her extra mags are in a setup a little in front of her nongun side. The three mags are in individual slots so they are not flat to your side but perpendicular to your body and sticking out at an angle. Rounds forward (away from you) - if I saw that correctly. Never saw that before - if get the mental picture. Is there an advantage to such? I dunno? It was sort of USPSA-ish except for the mags being close and stick out away from you.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    We go to the flagship Whole Foods in Austin. Great foodie store but with stupid 30.06,07 signs (sidebar - lots of employees think they are stupid too).

They have an underground garage and an officer (sheriff) directing traffic. She is wearing a new set up for my eyes. Her extra mags are in a setup a little in front of her nongun side. The three mags are in individual slots so they are not flat to your side but perpendicular to your body and sticking out at an angle. Rounds forward (away from you) - if I saw that correctly. Never saw that before - if get the mental picture. Is there an advantage to such? I dunno? It was sort of USPSA-ish except for the mags being close and stick out away from you.
    https://www.safariland.com/magazine/...uch-30585.html
    ?

Was it just a simple regular mag setup just with bullets-out facing magazines? If so that's somewhat popular in USPSA, some people just find it easier/quicker. Obviously no good for concealment but I doubt a cop with a duty belt would give a crap.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

I have the same pouch on my duty belt, it's great for small waist lines and overcrowded belts. No problems while running, still waiting to test them in a wrestling match though.

Site Supporter
    It was more box like synthetic than the Safariland and the magazines had a significant foward tilt.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post

That's the mag pouch I used when I still had to wear the bat belt. It's AWESOME for those of us with skinny people disease. It's also much faster than the tradition flap pouches. Never lost a mag out of one either. I have lost mags out of the old flap pouches. Popped a flap open jumping a fence during a foot pursuit. Never found the mag.

It was more box like synthetic than the Safariland and the magazines had a significant foward tilt.
    The forward tilt may be from a stretch of the material.

I have a three mag jober thingy and it works well from Safariland, but in their tacticool plastic.

I tighten them down and they sit well.

Only issue I have, is just as I've had with their two mag pouch counterpart is that you slap your nuckles on the extra mag or the pouch itself.

Site Supporter
    I don't think so. I could be but from driving by it looked like the holders were made with a serious tilt. Given they all were at the same angle and it looked rigid I don't think so. But it was a fast look.

I don't think so. I could be but from driving by it looked like the holders were made with a serious tilt. Given they all were at the same angle and it looked rigid I don't think so. But it was a fast look.
    I remember seeing a wedge of sorts in my local cop shop but that's for fat cops that need the forward tilt.

I do see them, however, just loose over time from wear.

Also this happens as well when the belt is too loose and flops forward due to weight...

The Safariland pouch is a good way to get three magazines in the real estate of two. Keep in mind, it is three mag weight in the space of two, and if you went cheap (a general cop trend), don't properly use enough keepers (another general cop trend), and wear a too loose stretched out duty belt on too thin a garrison belt (general cop trifecta of wrong) you will get gear sag.....amplified with fat and improperly fitted or adjusted body armor, and you get things at angles and positions they should not be.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

User Tag List