Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Week 8: Diminishing PAR Reloads

Site Supporter
    wow.....

I give myself 3 demerits for that one...

Quote Originally Posted by zml342 View Post
    wow.....

I give myself 3 demerits for that one...
    Cool, I guess I don't have to feel bad for running most of my runs of this drill on a 3x5 card. Since I've never worked a reload on the clock, I didn't know what PAR to use. I ran the 1R2 drill a few times, at around 8s. After a bunch of reps on a 3x5 card, I remembered something my kindergarten teacher once said, sounded out the OP slowly, and learned something new about "attention to detail." My performance on the 6" circle was:

Start position: concealed from VMII, untucked dress shirt (really long tails get in your way big time!)
    Type of reload: slidelock
    Starting PAR: 8 seconds
    Best PAR (all hits): 6.5 seconds
    # of rounds fired total: 90

My consistency was abysmal. Even though my best PAR was 6.5s, my best run was 5.22s - I just couldn't pull off enough decent/clean runs in a row to bring the PAR much lower. I suspect my inconsistent press-out (which is the main thing I'm working on now) is the main culprit - I should have done my draw&1 with ball&dummy before this drill, instead of afterwards...
    The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

Start position: M&P45 concealed in Fricke Seraphim AIWB under soft shell jacket
    Type of reload: slidelock
    Starting PAR: 5.0 sec
    Best PAR (all hits): 4.4 sec
    # of rounds fired total: 50

Unfortunately I subluxated my L shoulder 10 days ago--same one that's had 2 prior surgeries, so was a bit under the weather this week. Draws were all 1.46-1.52 sec and splits on the post-reload shots were between .19-.22 sec, I lost most of my time with my very slow reloads today...

We are diminished
    Week 8 is now closed.

Week 9 has been posted.

User Tag List