Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jericho 941 FS info

Jericho 941 FS info

I acquired a jericho 941 (9mm) made by IMI in a trade recently. After some research I've seen that there are many variations under several names of this gun. I'm looking for more information about mine specifically. Company is IMI, name on side of gun is jericho 941. Safety is on the frame. No decock. It's only singe action. Has couple of pin holes where On frame towards end of barrel. Has a pin with key loop attached by magazine. Any information about this specific model would be helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by need2speed View Post
    I acquired a jericho 941 (9mm) made by IMI in a trade recently. After some research I've seen that there are many variations under several names of this gun. I'm looking for more information about mine specifically. Company is IMI, name on side of gun is jericho 941. Safety is on the frame. No decock. It's only singe action. Has couple of pin holes where On frame towards end of barrel. Has a pin with key loop attached by magazine. Any information about this specific model would be helpful.
    Essentially a Tanfoglio 9mm made by way of Israel via IMI - which is now IWI.

My understanding is all variants are either DA/SA with manual decock, or DA/SA with a slide mounted safety/decocker combo. A better choice then am equivalent grade Tanfoglio because it's actually supported by the factory in the US. Takes Tanfoglio 16 round small frame mags. Theoretically small frame Tangfolio parts like skeleton hammers and trigger springs from vendors like Hennings should fit these pistols , but I'm unable to verify that as I don't have a Jericho on hand to play with.

Calling it a CZ clone is a bit of a misnomer; Tanfoglio changed the fire control parts arrangement including the firing pin drop and trigger mainspring , so guns which duplicate the Italian weapons (Jerichos,Armalite AR24/ Sarsilmaz 9mm) operate a little differently then the ones which follow the original CZ arrangement(Sphinx,Bul Storm, etc) . Cosmetically it's similar to the Czech pistol,but this is not so mechanically.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

IIRC The IMI Jericho 941 had a frame safety at some point early on, before they started importing them under the Desert Eagle/Baby Eagle brand. They are very good guns.
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

Quote Originally Posted by ReverendMeat View Post
    IIRC The IMI Jericho 941 had a frame safety at some point early on, before they started importing them under the Desert Eagle/Baby Eagle brand. They are very good guns.
    They still do today. The modern IWI import Jericho 941 ( NOT THE Magnum Research Baby Eagles currently sold !) retain the frame-mounted safeties.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Yep, they just re-released them last year or so, forgot to mention. That's what I thought the OP was referencing at first until I noticed he said IMI instead of IWI.
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

From everything I've found the gen 1's of the jerico 941 had a slide mounted safety with double action but where made by IMI. Mine is made by IMI but has a frame mounted safety and is only single action? Does anyone know in when they would have made this combination? Is this a very early model? The serial number on the frame matches the one on the slide. I found a picture on one that is identical to mine even down to the holes in the frame and the guy that owns it was trying to figure out what the holes where for.Name:  IMG_1058.jpg
Views: 3750
Size:  30.1 KBName:  IMG_1058.jpg
Size:  30.1 KB

From everything I've found the gen 1's of the jerico 941 had a slide mounted safety with double action but where made by IMI. Mine is made by IMI but has a frame mounted safety and is only single action? Does anyone know in when they would have made this combination? Is this a very early model? The serial number on the frame matches the one on the slide. I found a picture on one that is identical to mine even down to the holes in the frame and the guy that owns it was trying to figure out what the holes where for.Name:  IMG_1058.jpg
Size:  30.1 KBName:  IMG_1058.jpg
Size:  30.1 KB
    The first Jerichos were transition guns made between Tanfoglio and IMI. The frames and slides were made in Italy and completed in Israel while IWI spun up their tooling.

The fact that the hammer is down and the trigger is back in the pictured example bodes ill for the internals.
    Last edited by GardoneVT; 10-29-2016 at 10:44 PM.
    The Minority Marksman.
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Site Supporter
    Just thinking that as well. I'd run away from that gun.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    The first Jerichos were transition guns made between Tanfoglio and IMI. The frames and slides were made in Italy and completed in Israel while IWI spun up their tooling.

The fact that the hammer is down and the trigger is back in the pictured example bodes ill for the internals.
    As in the gun is prone to catastrophic failure or the gun is unreliable?

As in the gun is prone to catastrophic failure or the gun is unreliable?
    It's likely someone has done bad things to that gun. With a Dremmel and not a single clue.

User Tag List