Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Calling all HK P30sk/LEM Fans

Calling all HK P30sk/LEM Fans

Anyone have the p30sk LEM? Handled one today and had the usual great ergo's you'd expect fro an HK. Never been a fan of their da/sa triggers, especially compared to sigs, nor do I like the decoder set up. However I was really impressed dry firing with the LEM V1 trigger, very smooth, first time handling their LEM and was suprised how good it felt, would certainly like to check it out on the range. While I don't shoot any LEM's, this seems like it would be pretty easy getting used to.

Pretty nice little subcompact, and really impressed by how nice the LEM trigger felt. (Did I say that already) I believe they have a couple versions of the LEM and curious on thoughts on the different versions and the gun in general.

Anyone have one and if so, what are you thoughts?

I just bought one a month ago, I am very happy with it. If you get it buy the Hkparts metal finger extension for the magazines. It helps the balance and feel considerably.

I got 500 rounds through it. I like it a lot so far.
    I bought one of each
    https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/HK-P...-205p17853.htm

And +1
    https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/P30S...-205p17880.htm

Now there is plus 2
    I don't know anything about them yet.
    https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/P30S...-205p17972.htm
    Last edited by Arbninftry; 10-20-2016 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbninftry View Post
    I just bought one a month ago, I am very happy with it. If you get it buy the Hkparts metal finger extension for the magazines. It helps the balance and feel considerably.

I got 500 rounds through it. I like it a lot so far.
    I bought one of each
    https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/HK-P...-205p17853.htm

And +1
    https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/P30S...-205p17880.htm

Now there is plus 2
    I don't know anything about them yet.
    https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/P30S...-205p17972.htm
    Good to know they have these, didn't realize that. Thanks for the links.

Site Supporter
    I have a LEM sk in 9mm. Recoil is mild to me and accuracy is good. It is comfortable to shoot and i like the texture of the grip. It seems to have a long reset. I have a technical question for more knowledgeable people than me: Is the LEM reset the same length as the single action reset?
    Last edited by WOLFIE; 10-21-2016 at 05:53 AM.

I bought one last week. The P30SK with LEM was a big change from 2-3 years of shooting nothing but striker fire pistols, so it was kind of a leap of faith to buy one.

I found the whole LEM trigger complexity was vastly overblown, for me. Pull trigger: gun go bang. It really seems pretty straightforward. Plus, if you decide you don't want to shoot, simply release trigger and index on slide. The break is easy to find, every time; I did not have any trouble shooting, even in rapid fire strings. My accuracy (for me) was astonishing; I found it very easy to get the sight on target, and hold it, without any of the whole "staple gun" feel I get with SFA actions.

I had zero issues seeing the stock front sight. I sharpied the rears made them fade out; I don't see any need to get any different front sight for this pistol. Yes, they are not Trijicon HDs, but the greenish / yellow dot is easy to see and does retain "some" light.

Both 10 round neutered VP9 mags I bought worked fine, as did the 15 round VP9 mag. I noticed, though, with the extended mag tubes my pinky strong side was scrunched into the base of the grip, which was painful. I need to get some mags sleeves at a minimum.

The ergos on the P30SK seem to fit me very well; it felt very solid in my hand. I have M hands for a guy, and my pinky wrapped under. I'm on the fence about the HK pinky extension floor plate for the 10 round mags, as I did not really have any issues in accuracy. I have ordered an Xgrip sleeve and +0 pinky extension from www.hkparts.net.

Bottom line: I love this pistol. It feels good in my hand, points naturally and I can see the stock front sight easily. As a carry gun, with 10+1, I feel better than with my (sold) PPS M2 6+1. The trigger is smooth and easy to shoot. Really really really glad I bought it.

Reference the LEM trigger versions, I'd start here:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ighlight=P30sk
    Last edited by RJ; 10-21-2016 at 07:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WOLFIE View Post
    I have a LEM sk in 9mm. Recoil is mild to me and accuracy is good. It is comfortable to shoot and i like the texture of the grip. It seems to have a long reset. I have a technical question for more knowledgeable people than me: Is the LEM reset the same length as the single action reset?
    Yes, the LEM has the same length reset as the single action on the V3 guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post

I found the whole LEM trigger complexity was vastly overblown, for me. Pull trigger: gun go bang. It really seems pretty straightforward. Plus, if you decide you don't want to shoot, simply release trigger and index on slide. The break is easy to find, every time; I did not have any trouble shooting, even in rapid fire strings. My accuracy (for me) was astonishing; I found it very easy to get the sight on target, and hold it, without any of the whole "staple gun" feel I get with SFA actions.
    Outstanding. I really, really wonder sometimes about the folks who complain that the LEM is too complicated, etc. Yes, it is DIFFERENT... but certainly not complicated.

Whatever. Good for you. Enjoy your new piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Are you trying to set the Internet on fire? Because this is how you set the Internet on fire!
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    Are you trying to set the Internet on fire? Because this is how you set the Internet on fire!
    I'm surprised some of the usual suspects haven't shown up to ensure that it does burn

The key in Rich's post is "for me". It's OK if the the generic "you" can't master it. The world will still turn, don't spend time trying to convince me, I'm wrong.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Taking a break from social media.

User Tag List