Thread: S&W 4506 Question

S&W 4506 Question

Someone here is bound to know the answer to this....I have been looking for a replacement guide rod for a 4506 S&W since that have been scarce for awhile and mine is one of the aluminum ones that can break. No one has one (Jack First, Numrich, Brownell's, Midway, etc).

Anyway, I contacted S&W once again to see if anything had changed, and they seemed to have found one. Got it the other day and it is much shorter than the old guide rod. Also, there is a hole on the end where a little plunger piece typically sets. Looks like they sent a 1076 or 4566 guide rod with the guts missing.

OR, did S&W change the 4506 guide rods at the end of production making it shorter and eliminating the need for the plunger thingy?? Can't find online. Thanks!
    Last edited by Willard; 10-20-2016 at 08:25 PM.

the SW Forum has many members to include LE armorers that if you were to post on needing a 4506 guide rod, maybe someone has an extra one laying around.

when I last messed with my 4500s (prior to 2008), the same guide rod design was still in place. I never heard them changing it.

I sold all my 3rd Gen Smiths to include all extra parts to a SW Forum member. I recall never having a spare 4506 guide rod.

good luck
    If you're going to be a bear….be a GRIZZLY!

User Tag List