Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Same handgun, different POI for two shooters?

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    I don't know.

I have swapped guns with many of my teammates over the years and found that we had the same zero. It's easy ot figure that part out. As for "what a zero really is", I don't know, and I don't know that it matters. Whether mechanical or as a compensation for some physical "limitation" (for lack of a better word), it doesn't really matter. All that matters is that it hits where you want it to hit.

Given 2 or 100 shooters, in the prime of their life, with excellent fundamentals, and high quality equipment, I have found that a "zero" is a zero, regardless of the individual.

That can and will change from group to group.

Anecdote that I don't know as much about as I would like: During Vietnam, snipers and spotters would share one sniper rifle, in order to give the sniper a rest from looking though the scope. Whether it was ever a problem or not, IDK. Guns were also less precise then, so again, IDK.

That makes 100% sense. Thanks!

My wife and I can't use the same sight settings.

I am right handed and right eye dominant. I had an injury to my eye years ago and I wear a contact lens in my right eye in place of the natural lens.

My wife is left handed and left eye dominant. She had a detached retina that healed itself some time in the past. She says there is also a possibility that she was dropped on her head as a baby. (joke)

In close there isn't much of a problem, but at 25 yards there is 3 or 4 inches difference in POI. Of course, I've seen that much just changing bullet weight.

I don't see how any pistol could be exactly "zeroed" for all shooters and all ammo. They could be close, but not good enough for precise work for very accurate shooters.

User Tag List