Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Meet Mr. Bobcat! He sounds Italian, but he's actually from Tennessee.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    150 through the Bobcat 4 yds, 4” dot, mag dumps. Loaded to capacity. 4 FTF out of 100 minimags, and 1 stovepipe right at the end of 50 Aguila. Glad to see the gun tolerating Aguila now. Sad that it only has a 96% chance of functioning past the first round when loaded to capacity.

Called Beretta and talked to tech. They had little to say other than that is a higher failure rate than they like to see. Approved of Minimags as best ammo. Make sure it is clean and lubricated. They didn’t think it was mag related since it is early in mag, not late, but I talked them into sending me a second mag to try.

I am now at just over 1000 rounds through it. Safety has smoothed, DA pull is a little rough. I cleaned under the grips and found it really doesn’t seem to get that dirty. Oil on rails stays fresh well over 200 rounds. I only focus on the chamber after every shooting session. Since doing this, I haven’t had a failure to extract in over 600 rounds. I really enjoy shooting and handling the thing. Just wish I could get it reliable.
    Interested to learn how the new magazine does. Respectfully disagree with Beretta that problems early in the magazine contraindicates a magazine related problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Since doing this, I haven’t had a failure to extract in over 600 rounds. I really enjoy shooting and handling the thing. Just wish I could get it reliable.
    Perhaps this is a technicality, but I thought that the tip-up barrel Berettas did not have extractors.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    Perhaps this is a technicality, but I thought that the tip-up barrel Berettas did not have extractors.

You are correct. I could phrase it as "I haven't had a failure of the case to blow out the chamber in 600 rounds." if that makes it more palatable

You are correct. I could phrase it as "I haven't had a failure of the case to blow out the chamber in 600 rounds." if that makes it more palatable
    Wasn't trying to be a smart ass or anything..pretty sure we all knew what you meant. I just think that it's an interesting aspect of the design.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by LadyLuck View Post
    Try this to prep your .22 rounds. I do this faithfully for my S&W 41 to keep the chamber slick.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=f79IOQKm958
    Same thing we did with wolf 9mm steel cased ammo when we’d run it in an UZI. Plastic shopping bag and a little silicone spray.

Hammertime
    Cleaned carefully and oiled.

200 more rounds today. Many fails to feed and a couple stovepipes. Tried lubricating rounds and subjectively that made things worse. It is most happy with just five in the mag and one in chamber. Bill Drills all day long.

Anyway, Beretta lets me down again. Cool gun not reliable. Will try new magazine whenever it comes, get a couple thousand rounds through it then send it back to them to see if they can fix it, assuming the new mag doesn’t cure all (and I don’t think it will).

Still trying to talk my folks out of one of their 2 bobcats.

My dad mentioned that hes been having a ton of trouble with them the last few times he has gone shooting. He wasnt real specific about what. I'm betting a deep clean, CCIs, and some oil will fix it.

Anyone trade out the thumb safety for something bigger? Any other models that can interchange?

-Cory

Site Supporter
    Cleaned carefully and oiled.

200 more rounds today. Many fails to feed and a couple stovepipes. Tried lubricating rounds and subjectively that made things worse. It is most happy with just five in the mag and one in chamber. Bill Drills all day long.

Anyway, Beretta lets me down again. Cool gun not reliable. Will try new magazine whenever it comes, get a couple thousand rounds through it then send it back to them to see if they can fix it, assuming the new mag doesn’t cure all (and I don’t think it will).
    While I do not have experience with these tiny Beretta .22’s, the tiny pocket pistols I do own require more frequent recoil spring replacement than larger guns. While I still suspect a magazine issue is part of the problem, I should have also suggested replacing the recoil springs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyLuck View Post
    Try this to prep your .22 rounds. I do this faithfully for my S&W 41 to keep the chamber slick.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=f79IOQKm958
    I kinda laughed at this. He was oiling either Midas or CenterX. Both are already so greasy with lube that you can't pick them up.

Quote Originally Posted by cor_man257 View Post
    Anyone trade out the thumb safety for something bigger? Any other models that can interchange?
    Cory, go back a month & find my earlier post in this thread (post #56) to see my Bobcat with the Tomcat 3032 safety swapped in

User Tag List