Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Meet Mr. Bobcat! He sounds Italian, but he's actually from Tennessee.

Hammertime
    Ran 110 minimags through the Bobcat at 5. 0.25s splits typical.

Had a FTE and four FTF. I think the rounds get sticky in the magazine for some reason. Also over 400 rounds with just a little oil and no cleaning so it might be time. These are my first malfunctions with minimags.

I am open to ammo suggestions or a typical cleaning schedule as I am not too impressed with the reliability of this gun.

Quote Originally Posted by cor_man257 View Post
    Any tips on improving the sights? I remember seeing one somewhere that was improved with a file and some bright orange.

-Cory
    Carry a KelTec?

Seriously, tho, a little orange and you're good to go. The problem is really that there isn't much or a front sight to zone in on...

I think Trijicon or tool tech actually did a refit and put actual sights on the gun (at least for the tomcat)

Mine seems to like velocitors, stingers, mini mags and Winchester version of the velocitors the best. I wish they would add real sights to the bobcat. It’s a surprisingly accurate little gun and deserves better sights imo.
    Instagram: sometimesishootCs

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    Carry a KelTec?

Seriously, tho, a little orange and you're good to go. The problem is really that there isn't much or a front sight to zone in on...

I think Trijicon or tool tech actually did a refit and put actual sights on the gun (at least for the tomcat)
    I’ve always thought that with the right machinist... I didn’t say gunsmith... that a set of the fixed sights for an NAA Black Widow would do wonders for the bobcats.
    https://northamericanarms.com/wp-con...img_3857_3.jpg

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    Ran 110 minimags through the Bobcat at 5. 0.25s splits typical.

Had a FTE and four FTF. I think the rounds get sticky in the magazine for some reason. Also over 400 rounds with just a little oil and no cleaning so it might be time. These are my first malfunctions with minimags.

I am open to ammo suggestions or a typical cleaning schedule as I am not too impressed with the reliability of this gun.
    I've had the best luck with Stingers. To be honest, between my dad's 1970s Bobcat and my 2016 example, I don't think they're especially reliable guns unless they're absolutely perfectly cleaned and lubed with their absolute favorite load. And I say that as a Beretta fanboy. Fun to shoot, unique, sorta cute, but I'd never trust my life to one.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Hammertime
    200 more rounds. Runs great with only 5 loaded into the mag with minimags. Beyond that all bets off. Cleaned chamber afterwords, but the rest of the gun was still clean and well oiled.

Site Supporter
    200 more rounds. Runs great with only 5 loaded into the mag with minimags. Beyond that all bets off. Cleaned chamber afterwords, but the rest of the gun was still clean and well oiled.
    If it runs well with only 5 in the magazine but not more, then I wonder if perhaps a new magazine spring might be helpful?

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Had a FTE and four FTF. I think the rounds get sticky in the magazine for some reason.
    I've found CCI often runs heavy lube, and you get a drop of the greasy wax on the nose. That will stick rounds in the magazine and not allow them to rise. Wiping them across a paper towel before loading can clear it up.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Hammertime
    150 through the Bobcat 4 yds, 4” dot, mag dumps. Loaded to capacity. 4 FTF out of 100 minimags, and 1 stovepipe right at the end of 50 Aguila. Glad to see the gun tolerating Aguila now. Sad that it only has a 96% chance of functioning past the first round when loaded to capacity.

Called Beretta and talked to tech. They had little to say other than that is a higher failure rate than they like to see. Approved of Minimags as best ammo. Make sure it is clean and lubricated. They didn’t think it was mag related since it is early in mag, not late, but I talked them into sending me a second mag to try.

I am now at just over 1000 rounds through it. Safety has smoothed, DA pull is a little rough. I cleaned under the grips and found it really doesn’t seem to get that dirty. Oil on rails stays fresh well over 200 rounds. I only focus on the chamber after every shooting session. Since doing this, I haven’t had a failure to extract in over 600 rounds. I really enjoy shooting and handling the thing. Just wish I could get it reliable.

Try this to prep your .22 rounds. I do this faithfully for my S&W 41 to keep the chamber slick.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=f79IOQKm958
    Carpe diem

User Tag List