Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Meet Mr. Bobcat! He sounds Italian, but he's actually from Tennessee.

Judging by this little photographic expose, LockedBreech is doubtless "that guy" who gave his wife/significant other a diamond ring in the final Russian nested doll set-with each doll meticulously wrapped....

Best, Jon

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    Judging by this little photographic expose, LockedBreech is doubtless "that guy" who gave his wife/significant other a diamond ring in the final Russian nested doll set-with each doll meticulously wrapped....

Best, Jon
    That killed me and also gave me a fantastic future engagement idea. If I use it in the future I’ll buy you a crate of ammo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    That killed me and also gave me a fantastic future engagement idea. If I use it in the future I’ll buy you a crate of ammo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LOL. I probably won't hold you to it, though!

Best, Jon

Hammertime

Meet Mr. Bobcat! He sounds Italian, but he's actually from Tennessee.

I have had an in stock reminder for a Bobcat at Davidson’s for at least a year. Finally came in.

Last edited by Doc_Glock; 02-07-2019 at 11:09 AM.

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    I have had an in stock reminder for a Bobcat at Davidson’s for at least a year. Finally came in.

Enjoy, man! Mine was sadly lost in the thirteen-gun student loan killing liquidation of 2017.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

The Bobcat is a mean little kitty

I have a soft spot for the 21A Bobcat. Many years ago now, I spent a few years in the Chicago suburbs, and therefore couldn’t carry a gun...so they say. The gun I often didn’t carry was a Bobcat. It was far from my first choice, but with concealment being an absolutely critical factor there, choices were limited. There are now more efficient guns in the palm-size gun area, but not so much then.

I belonged to a club that had its own indoor range with 24-hr access. I worked nights, 8:00pm-4:30am. When you are in your 20s, single, it’s 4:30am and you have access to what is basically your private range at that time of day, the inevitable happens.
    That first winter I had the Bobcat, I shot the living hell out of it.

Like everyone else who has had to resort to such a gun, my plan was to empty the gun into as concentrated area as possible as fast as possible. I suppose what I was doing was practicing aimed mag dumps. You go through a lot of ammo real fast that way. Lots and lots of it if this is your regular practice regimen.

The Bobcat really impressed me with how it held up to this. I haven’t shot it in several years but still have it. It looks pretty ragged now, but nothing ever broke or otherwise failed. I had plenty of failures to fire, but I was using pretty garbage ammo that did the same in other guns like a Ruger pistol. Even at that, a second strike (pretty snappy hit for its size) would sometimes get a bang. I don’t recall a single problem with relatively super primo stuff like MiniMags.

If there is one gun I got my money’s worth from, it’s that little Beretta.
    Last edited by BarryinIN; 02-08-2019 at 05:36 AM.

Hammertime
    That is great story. I was super impressed with the Jetfire .25 reliability. Not so much with the round or slide bite.

The Bobcat seems an improved design and I am excited to shoot it today.

Hammertime
    This thing won’t run Golden Bullets or Aguila FMJ at all, but it will eat Minimags all day without complaint.

100 rounds at 5 yards varying speeds. 4” dot. Acceptable.

My parents have 2 of these. I've shot them, but always with crummy bulk federal ammo. Alot of rounds that didn't go off. I was never really laying attention to accuracy with it. Maybe I should talk Mom out of her's. She likes her 22 revolver more anyway.

Any tips on improving the sights? I remember seeing one somewhere that was improved with a file and some bright orange.

-Cory
    Last edited by Cory; 02-12-2019 at 10:24 PM.

User Tag List