Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Meet Mr. Bobcat! He sounds Italian, but he's actually from Tennessee.

I purchased one about 25 years ago. At that time it came in a small blue & white cardboard box.

Quote Originally Posted by busykngt View Post
    Looks like the good folks in The Volunteer State take their QC/QA pretty seriously! [emoji106]
    That's what I thought too--very sharp looking pistol. Not helping me resist the urge to pick up a 92G-SD (or at least a pile of mags for now in anticipation of a 92G-SD to be named later...)

OP--is it just me, or did the unboxing take place at the office? And if so, do you have an application you can send down here? I can play with guns at work too, oh, and I guess I've done a jury trial or something...

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by jck397 View Post
    That's what I thought too--very sharp looking pistol. Not helping me resist the urge to pick up a 92G-SD (or at least a pile of mags for now in anticipation of a 92G-SD to be named later...)

OP--is it just me, or did the unboxing take place at the office? And if so, do you have an application you can send down here? I can play with guns at work too, oh, and I guess I've done a jury trial or something...
    Hah! My home office, not my work office. Though my boss is a super gun-friendly guy and has walked in to me with my disassembled G19 on my desk without blinking. I'd always be happy to have another PF'er sticking it to bad guys with me, though.

You and busy's impression from the pictures is correct. The pistol is very nicely machined with hardly any visible tool marks and minimal rough or sharp edges. Finish is even and smooth. Folks can knock Beretta for product delivery, slide-mounted safeties, and marketing, but between my Italian 92FS Compact two weeks ago and this gun, there's no doubt that current-production Berettas get looked over hard before they get sent out.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Site Supporter
    Very interested to learn how it shoots as well as its reliability. Anticipating good results on both fronts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Vending Machine Operator
    Just in case any of you are wondering, yes, I did already order the Beretta walnut grips with inlaid medallion.

Inox and wood grips belong together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Nice pistol. For some reason I kept thinking, James Bond Jr. Not sure why. Maybe too late in the p.m.
    What you do right before you know you're going to be in a use of force incident, often determines the outcome of that use of force.

I shot one of those once. Tore the end flap off of a .22lr box of fifty and destroyed it at about 15 feet. I was really surprised.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Meet Mr. Bobcat! He sounds Italian, but he's actually from Tennessee.

My Bobcat (.....errr,.....my wife's Bobcat), will digest pretty much all types of 22LRs except the 60-gr Agulia subsonics. Even CCI Stingers are good to go in it. And if Hypervelocity rounds are used, it'll leave a larger round hole in a paper target, the size of a 380 (it's not key-holing either; all holes are perfectly round). Not sure I understand that phenomenon yet - maybe the base of the slug is expanding upon exiting the barrel. At first, I thought it was just me but I've had another guy or two say they experienced the same thing with the Hypervelocity rounds (1400+ fps stuff). I think that discussion was over in the Barrett's forum, some time back. Sorry, didn't mean to sidetrack the thread's topic.

Sent from my Apple thang using Tapatalk
    Last edited by busykngt; 10-20-2016 at 06:31 AM.

I had a blued one a few years ago. It really liked CCI Stingers. I bought a threaded barrel for it and ran it suppressed for a while which was fun. The lack of an extractor and the gun jamming up after getting a little dirty with anything but Stingers made me sell it for a higher caliber gun. If you can run Stingers exclusively or clean the barrel after every shooting session it should run well. Neat gun.

Quote Originally Posted by busykngt View Post
    My Bobcat (.....errr,.....my wife's Bobcat), will digest pretty much all types of 22LRs except the 60-gr Agulia subsonics. Even CCI Stingers are good to go in it. And if Hypervelocity rounds are used, it'll leave a larger round hole in a paper target, the size of a 380 (it's not key-holing either; all holes are perfectly round). Not sure I understand that phenomenon yet - maybe the base of the slug is expanding upon exiting the barrel. At first, I thought it was just me but I've had another guy or two say they experienced the same thing with the Hypervelocity rounds (1400+ fps stuff). I think that discussion was over in the Barrett's forum, some time back. Sorry, didn't mean to sidetrack the thread's topic.

Sent from my Apple thang using Tapatalk
    Hyper velocity loads are not even supersonic out of 2.25" barrels... whatever happened, it is likey not magic "expansion in the air".

http://www.ballisticsbytheinch.com/22.html

User Tag List