Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Meet Mr. Bobcat! He sounds Italian, but he's actually from Tennessee.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    Interested to learn how the new magazine does. Respectfully disagree with Beretta that problems early in the magazine contraindicates a magazine related problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I haven’t shot it yet, but the new magazine moves much more smoothly. The old one was binding the spring after about five rounds compression. I thought that was just normal. The new one does not bind at all.

I was able to slightly bend the old magazine body to remove the binding. I think we found the problem. Shooting results tomorrow hopefully.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    I haven’t shot it yet, but the new magazine moves much more smoothly. The old one was binding the spring after about five rounds compression. I thought that was just normal. The new one does not bind at all.

I was able to slightly bend the old magazine body to remove the binding. I think we found the problem. Shooting results tomorrow hopefully.
    I think you are right, and it is good to learn that this is likely to be close to being sorted out.

Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Hammertime
    I am happy to report the new magazine seems to have solved the issue. 100 rounds fully loaded to 8 each time and I had a single failure to load the chamber, and that was mid magazine. It used to fail to load 9-10 times/100. I am not sure of the single failure cause, but it was perhaps an under powered round. It was on the second magazine through the gun and did not happen again in the next 85 rounds.

Inspection of the problem magazine revealed the spring was hanging up inside the mag body slightly and I think that was the source of the problem. The new magazine does not have this issue at all. I was able to bend the old mag body so the spring doesn’t bind and it may also be usable.

Also, after some messing around to figure out point of aim, I was able to shoot this at 25 yards.

The gun is capable of much better, but I simply can not bring the micro sights into decent focus. Either it shoots left or I consistently yank it left or my sight alignment is consistently left. I’ll have to live with that.

it is hella fun to shoot too:

Last edited by Doc_Glock; 03-08-2019 at 05:39 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    I am happy to report the new magazine seems to have solved the issue. 100 rounds fully loaded to 8 each time and I had a single failure to load the chamber, and that was mid magazine. It used to fail to load 9-10 times/100. I am not sure of the single failure cause, but it was perhaps an under powered round. It was on the second magazine through the gun and did not happen again in the next 85 rounds.

Inspection of the problem magazine revealed the spring was hanging up inside the mag body slightly and I think that was the source of the problem. The new magazine does not have this issue at all. I was able to bend the old mag body so the spring doesn’t bind and it may also be usable.

Also, after some messing around to figure out point of aim, I was able to shoot this at 25 yards.

The gun is capable of much better, but I simply can not bring the micro sights into decent focus. Either it shoots left or I consistently yank it left or my sight alignment is consistently left. I’ll have to live with that.

it is hella fun to shoot too:

Good to learn that the problem is solved. Now you need a few more new magazines and a Crimson Trace LaserGrip.

Th LaserGrips make a big difference with these little guns, at least indoors and in low light. It will not be of much use outdoors in daylight.

Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Hammertime
    Bobcat:
    Dot Torture at 3 clean

At 4: 49/50 brain fart.

Mag dumps into B8 at 5, only 3/100 out of black.

Sadly I had three unlit primers and two short strokes with 200 Minimags. I suppose I could blame the ammo for all of those, but still 2.5% failure rate is not ready for prime time to me. The new magazine does seem to cure the failures to feed or nose diving into the feedramp I previously had.

I was able to clear one unlit primer by releasing the barrel and letting it fling the round out of the chamber. That was pretty cool. Usually I control the barrel as it tips up, but with a click instead of bang it is probably best to let it rip.

Also I have given up on the safety. It sucks and I forget it occasionally, and it is impossible left handed. I really would want this for a left pocket gun, so I think I will just leave it off going forward.

The trigger has gotten really gritty now at 1600 rounds despite decent wipe downs and lubrication. May need to get more into the guts of the thing.

Hammertime

Meet Mr. Bobcat! He sounds Italian, but he's actually from Tennessee.

Detail stripped it and cleaned well. Not really that dirty internally. Opted to just leave the safety off on reassembly.

Another 200 rounds. The magazine seems to be working fine, but now I am getting light strikes.

Three light strikes in the first 100 along with one short stroke and a second hang up on the feed ramp and a failure to extract. 6/100 stoppages. The short strokes suggest weak ammo.

I was frustrated, then I shot 49/50 on TDA dot Torture again. And it ran 100 rounds straight without a single stoppage. Maybe just a bad lot of Minimags?

Then I shot the LCR 22. It’s harder to shoot for the most part due to heavy trigger, it’s kinda big and heavy, but it’s totally reliable.

Last edited by Doc_Glock; 03-22-2019 at 06:02 PM.

User Tag List