Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Don't drink and gunbroker or I read too much Mel Tappan growing up

Site Supporter

Don't drink and gunbroker or I read too much Mel Tappan growing up

One night recently I was searching gunbroker and I came across a dealer selling two four inch S&W 66-1s in two separate auctions. They looked like police trade ins, beat up but not too bad. I placed a bid on each and went to bed. The next morning checked my email and surprise- I won both. Shit. Not a bad deal but I wasn't expecting to win either one. I emailed the dealer and he replied that he has a third S&W 66-1. Interested? He made me a deal; so now everybody in the family has a stainless 4 inch k frame. Life is good. I read Mel tappans book too many times when I was a teenager.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

"You want envy? Because that's how you get envy..."

I am missing the issue. Impulse buying three revolvers these days is like a totally regular thing.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

I thought the magic # was 3 cubed = 27 !

You revolver guys and your picture threads are seriously making me want to buy a revolver when I'm not even a revolver guy nor have the funds. I might have to take a hiatus from this sub-forum...

wife: YOU BOUGHT ANOTHER GUN!?!?
    me: no. I bought 3.
    wife: what!!!:?! WHY!!!
    me: matching set! now each of us has one and we can be "that" family in the neighborhood.
    wife: ...... *steam rising from ears*.... *stomps off to buy more shoes*

edit: although, the fact you can buy 3 guns and not have to wait to get them pisses me off. I'd be looking at 61 days at least to get all 3.
    Last edited by hufnagel; 11-04-2016 at 06:53 AM.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    me: matching set! now each of us has one and we can be "that" family in the neighborhood.

edit: although, the fact you can buy 3 guns and not have to wait to get them pisses me off. I'd be looking at 61 days at least to get all 3.
    That's pretty much me and my wife except instead of shoes, it's LulaRoe leggings. I swear that woman has more preposterous "80's leggings" than most women in the 80's actually had. And they're not exactly !@#$ing cheap either!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    I am missing the issue. Impulse buying three revolvers these days is like a totally regular thing.
    My understanding is that buying 2 or more handguns in a 5 day period means the dealer is required to make a report to BATFE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    My understanding is that buying 2 or more handguns in a 5 day period means the dealer is required to make a report to BATFE.
    Correct https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/must...d-or-otherwise

Of course, they can find whatever they like with 4473s anyway...this just seems to make it easier.
    Last edited by Willard; 11-04-2016 at 08:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post

Isn't it nice that New Jersey protects us from our impulses?

User Tag List