Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: So, I wonder...

Save someone else the time and money.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    Which is why I'm going up there to spend a week with him at my first opportunity; to visit, do some great sporting clay shooting, and un-fuck anything he may have gotten in this class.

BTW, I start work back at the lab next week. Things are going so good, its a bit scary...

I'm out of state from Fri - Mon, catch up at lunch when I get back. Glad to hear!
    Last edited by LSP552; 10-19-2016 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellback View Post
    Save someone else the time and money.
    After the class is done. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a rat here, waiting to tattle. While _I_ don't give two shits what Mr. Wonderful thinks, my pal is sensitive about such things... Because he's never been a cop, is a good guy, and therefore cares about what people think of him.

Shame, he's gotta HTFU first and be an asshole. Then life is easy
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    Shame, he's gotta HTFU first and be an asshole. Then life is easy
    So, how about 'splaining those two statements better to this simpleton? Cause it sounds to me like you're saying _I_ am the asshole for acknowledging my friend's wishes.

I'm so confused.. does this mean we get to find out or don't get to find out who the instructor is?
    i used to wannabe

I said "after the class". It's a three day class (which I believe I also said). The class began yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I believe he was saying if your friend were an "asshole" (which is what society likes to call be people who don't care what others think), then his life would be easier.

ETA: and you are totally doing the right thing by honoring your friend's wishes.
    Correct, I'm being a sarcastic asshole in my statement. Not shitting on you
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

This sounds to me suspiciously like one of the two famed former Magpul guys. Probably Haley.

I do hope you name him when the class is over, whoever it is. I write lots of AARs for my blog, and its easy to get the impression that they are all full if glow (not all of them are, but most are). I think that's less about being googly-eyed over being next to so-and-so and more about doing my homework before I ever sign up for the courses. I try to "bet on" sure things. I was burned a time or two (including a two day, 1370 round course from which I'm not sure what I learned, except how to bandage my fingers). Naming names helps give veracity to the AAR process. All classes cannot be good. Someone out there is teaching crap, and people are taking those classes. Accordingly, I feel they must share that information on public forums to help future consumers make informed decisions.

I'm laughing at all of y'all that are claiming to be shocked and disgusted that this goes on. It's been going on a long time, and most don't care. I've said over and over that most people are at classes with celebrity trainers (esp a certain few former SMU instructors or a few instructors that have cultivated a big social media presence) to rub shoulders and shoot some drills.

I can prove it by pointing out that Most class reviews don't even mention class size, but they often go into detail about the drills that were shot. I've even read the reviewer say "I don't want to give away the drills, since it's not my place to describe them" as if the freakin drills were the main attraction and TS proprietary info (since if you aren't getting personalized instruction, then the only thing you are doing is shooting drills, so naturally they take on a lot of importance.) Further, class announcements rarely mention class limit because people don't care.

Hell, We don't need to know the name, since everyone should be asking max class size before they sign up and refusing if the number is greater than 12. And don't let them pull the 'oh, I meant to cap it at 12 but the class coordinator signed up too many people' on day one.

Vote with your feet and stop signing up for big classes. As long as the market supports it, the trainers will continue to do it.

(As an aside, I wouldn't have a problem with a thousand rounds in a day if I was getting good instruction. I'd want to shoot a lot.)
    Last edited by blackhatter; 10-19-2016 at 08:41 PM.

User Tag List