Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: So, I wonder...

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    Could try asking for a refund and leaving, too. If no one is coaching him he'd be a lot better off just taking that ammo and practicing on his own time.
    I told him that already. He wants to stick it out. Luke is right... he is learning SOMETHING, but not nearly his money's worth from a good teacher who does it right. The more I look into this "trainer", the more I realize his creds were a one-shot pony, and he is simply making as good a living as he can... while he can.

Hence the wonder... how many guys like this are doing the same thing, and the nimrods are gobbling it up???

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    Could try asking for a refund and leaving, too. If no one is coaching him he'd be a lot better off just taking that ammo and practicing on his own time.
    Yup!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    For a brand new shooter, I'd be more worried about forming bad habits that will be harder to break later.
    Which is why I'm going up there to spend a week with him at my first opportunity; to visit, do some great sporting clay shooting, and un-fuck anything he may have gotten in this class.

BTW, I start work back at the lab next week. Things are going so good, its a bit scary...

1k rounds a day is too much to "teach yourself" sans drills and critique. He should eject now.
    #RESIST

who's the instructor? I'm guessing costa or Yeager
    i used to wannabe

If it was Yeager we'd be hearing about 'tards aiming guns at each other and standing on each other doing bullshit drills in ditches. This guy sounds incompetent but not full-retard.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

If you chose to make this public by letting us know that shit like this happens, I would want to know who the instructor is. For all the differences between people here, we're a relatively close online community with at least one common interest of pistol shooting. Almost everyone here wants to shoot better and no one has indefinite time and money resources. Weeding out shit shows like this is a good thing. I am not gonna condemn one thousand rounds a day without knowing how they were expended, but 22:1 is a shit show no matter how you slice it. It is an open forum, the instructor can always come and defend himself.

If you still feel uneasy about, and I do understand that, perhaps you can let interested people to know by pm. After years of "abstinence", I recently restarted my non-competition formal training and I am contemplating a couple of "tac" classes. I would really like to know, consider my NDA signed.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    1k rounds a day is too much to "teach yourself" sans drills and critique. He should eject now.
    At street prices (say $230 a case) not going to two days of shooting 1,000 rounds could pay for a Rangemaster Combative Pistol Class ($450).

Probably too late, but that's one way to look at the eject option.

Reference the refund angle, absent knowing what was promised, it seems hard to ask for money back if the instructor did what was promised ("You and 21 of your camo-wearing friends will shoot a thousand rounds a day in an intense, tactical environment!")

I didn't even notice the 1K rounds a day thing. What a massive waste of money and ammo.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

There's any number of PF members willing to help this guy. Naming the instructor's name would be a public service, FYI.
    #RESIST

User Tag List