Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: So, I wonder...

I'm more of a coach than a teacher, (intentionally due to years as a part of SBG where we dove deep into the nuances of coaching v teaching), so my focus is on tailoring the instruction to each individual in that training session or course. I want folks to leave feeling as if the curriculum was built around them. Sometimes I achieve this, sometimes I don't.

So, honest question; I've run classes with 20+ people on the line or in the room. I didn't have an AI every time, was that a disservice to the trainees?

I'm also not a full time trainer type, I'm not depending on classes to pay my bills so I'm not marketing/promoting as if it's my job. If more than a handful of folks sign up for one of my classes it's a pleasant surprise not an intentional over booking. I want folks to walk away from a training session with me feeling they got more than they paid for, that they have material to continue to train on their own, understand performance points so they can self coach, and I genuinely hope that if/when I see them again they have taken the material to another level.
    Last edited by Paul Sharp; 10-19-2016 at 09:19 PM.
    "There is magic in misery. You need to constantly fail. Always bite off more than you can chew, put yourself in situations where you don't succeed then really analyze why you didn't succeed." - Dean Karnazes www.sbgillinois.com

Quote Originally Posted by 43Under View Post
    This sounds to me suspiciously like one of the two famed former Magpul guys. Probably Haley.
    I've taken three classes with Haley and there was always an AI and we never shot close to 1k/day. I'd be suprised if we shot 1k in two days.

I took one class with Costa and he had no AI, but we didn't shoot that much either.

Neither of them seem to have an open enrollment classes going on right now, per their websites.
    Last edited by leif; 10-19-2016 at 09:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by leif View Post
    I've taken three classes with Haley and there was always an AI and we never shot close to 1k/day. I'd be suprised if we shot 1k in two days.

I took one class with Costa and he had no AI, but we didn't shoot that much either.

Neither of them seem to have an open enrollment classes going on right now, per their websites.
    A friend of mine trained with both and they had crazy round counts in both. Plus they do lots of 3 day classes.

But it was the "one trick pony" line that made me think of Haley (sniping on rooftop thing). I guess we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    Correct, I'm being a sarcastic asshole in my statement. Not shitting on you
    Well, then please accept my apology. I keep telling myself to back out for a while, because I'm not grokking some things here anymore. I really, REALLY need to do that.

Under those conditions I'd punch out, save the ammo, demand a refund.

But I get what you are saying.

In the end I'd also like to know who we are talking about.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

It's probably Tom.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

I've looked up all the big name trainers I can think of and none of them have a 3 day class this weekend.
    i used to wannabe

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    It's probably Tom.
    Which Tom? It sure ain't me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Givens View Post
    Which Tom? It sure ain't me.
    Tom Jones. Always thought he was a suspicious mofo.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Dude same here. He's given me free stuff, TWICE. I'm guessing the 3rd time he will mail me a ninja to ninja me, first two were to gain my trust and get me to the mail box where the future ninja will strike.
    i used to wannabe

User Tag List