Thread: AAR: FPF Training (John Murphy) "Vehicle Environment Skills ", Culpeper, VA, 10/15/16

AAR: FPF Training (John Murphy) "Vehicle Environment Skills ", Culpeper, VA, 10/15/16

On my blog, but feel free to comment or ask questions here. Another winner from John:
    https://civiliangunfighter.wordpress...tober-15-2016/

Very cool. I took VecSkills back in May of 2015, and it looks like Murphy has updated the course since, which makes me want to take it again. He's clever like that.

Thanks again for yet another excellent AAR on your website. I have been wanting to take this class and need to keep an eye on his 2017 schedule.

Thanks for the kind words guys.

Dropkick, Murphy as the outset said that if we were taking this class due to AARs from 2015, we might be disappointed since there were some changes. Did you do it with Chris? Murphy said Chris comes at things from a different angle and, while good, is a little different than what Murphy would present. I was not disappointed.

Kram, I'm sure the class will appear again. And he's got lots of cool guest instructors coming again in 2017: Johnston/Lauer, Givens, Aprill, Ellifritz, and more.

Sounds great, thank you for the report!
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Site Supporter
    Nice AAR. I took that class with Chris and it sounds very different. Emphasis on deescalation, bailout practice, evasive maneuvers, shooting under car, and gas station simulation is new. As is the defense against bad guy teams. Pragmatic, like most of John's best drills. I may need to take this one again.

Quote Originally Posted by 43Under View Post
    Dropkick, Murphy as the outset said that if we were taking this class due to AARs from 2015, we might be disappointed since there were some changes. Did you do it with Chris? Murphy said Chris comes at things from a different angle and, while good, is a little different than what Murphy would present. I was not disappointed.
    Yes, I did take it with Chris. And based on your review, I wouldn't be disappointed with either variation of the course.

Quote Originally Posted by Dropkick View Post
    Yes, I did take it with Chris. And based on your review, I wouldn't be disappointed with either variation of the course.

Nor would I.

I'll be back with Murphy in a little over a week, as he's hosting Greg Ellifritz for Extreme Close Quarters Gunfighting. AAR to follow, naturally

User Tag List