Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Wanted: "West of the Mississippi" 2017 Foundational Pistol Class

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Found a one day Frank Proctor class SW of Ft Worth in April I'm looking at:

http://www.wayofthegun.us/1-day-perf...april-22-2017/
    Looks like this one will be a "go" for my first class. Price is right, good instructor reputation, positive AARs here and elsewhere, lesson plan aligned with what I believe I need, previous classes list novices attending first class, and instructor who spends time correcting fundamental issues. Any info on the "Cresson TX" area, nearby sightseeting, BBQ joints etc. appreciated. . Map says 17 miles SW of Ft Worth. We've spent a weekend at FTW including the stockyards when i was working out of Dyess AFB Abilene, we enjoyed it a lot. Also, if anyone knows any details on the range this is likely to be taught at, I'd appreciate it.

Thoughts appreciated...

Looks like this one will be a "go" for my first class. Price is right, good instructor reputation, positive AARs here and elsewhere, lesson plan aligned with what I believe I need, previous classes list novices attending first class, and instructor who spends time correcting fundamental issues. Any info on the "Cresson TX" area, nearby sightseeting, BBQ joints etc. appreciated. . Map says 17 miles SW of Ft Worth. We've spent a weekend at FTW including the stockyards when i was working out of Dyess AFB Abilene, we enjoyed it a lot. Also, if anyone knows any details on the range this is likely to be taught at, I'd appreciate it.

Thoughts appreciated...
    I went ahead and registered for this class with Frank Proctor. If there is anyone in the greater Ft W or Cresson area taking it as well, be glad to know.

Much appreciate all the help in this thread. Thanks all.

That awesome, Rich!

I haven't taken a class with him, but it's hard to go wrong with a skills tune-up from a guy like Proctor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by OnionsAndDragons View Post
    That awesome, Rich!

I haven't taken a class with him, but it's hard to go wrong with a skills tune-up from a guy like Proctor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks! I'm looking forward to it. And, since it's a one day, She Who Must Be Obeyed has tentatively approved another second training session later in the year. Woot.

I am still going to pursue regular local USPSA matches as we travel, or meet ups to shoot , or host Airstream tours if folks just want to come by for an Adult Beverage.

I'm still a U shooter, so it would be a goal to actually get, you know, classified by the end of the year lol.

But yeah, I see a fair bit of positive AAR about Mr. Proctor's classes, and the timing works for us.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks! I'm looking forward to it. And, since it's a one day, She Who Must Be Obeyed has tentatively approved another second training session later in the year. Woot.

I am still going to pursue regular local USPSA matches as we travel, or meet ups to shoot , or host Airstream tours if folks just want to come by for an Adult Beverage.

I'm still a U shooter, so it would be a goal to actually get, you know, classified by the end of the year lol.

But yeah, I see a fair bit of positive AAR about Mr. Proctor's classes, and the timing works for us.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Hey Rich,

Thanks for considering us! I hope we get to train together at some point.

In the mean time, you will not be sorry training with Frank. I've taken a couple of classes from him. He is a stellar instructor, and beyond even that, he is great at diagnostics. Which I think is important. It is really important to know how to transfer information, but it is also real important to be able to troubleshoot when the information isn't getting acted upon.

Good luck, and have fun. It'll be groovy.

Jones

Wanted: "West of the Mississippi" 2017 Foundational Pistol Class

Quote Originally Posted by OPSPEC View Post
    Hey Rich,

Thanks for considering us! I hope we get to train together at some point.

In the mean time, you will not be sorry training with Frank. I've taken a couple of classes from him. He is a stellar instructor, and beyond even that, he is great at diagnostics. Which I think is important. It is really important to know how to transfer information, but it is also real important to be able to troubleshoot when the information isn't getting acted upon.

Good luck, and have fun. It'll be groovy.

Jones
    You bet.

As it happens I did take the course with Frank.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....TX-21-Apr-2017

In June, I took Tom Givens Two-Day Combative Pistol Class in Everett WA:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....t-WA-June-2017

Of the two, Tom's class was a much better match for my situation.
    Last edited by RJ; 07-12-2017 at 02:48 PM.

User Tag List