Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question: Tikka T3 Superlite Stainless Steel Bolt Action Rifle - Cableas Exclusive

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Crews View Post
    any thoughts or opinions on how this may change how strong or "square" these actions are?
    I wouldn't expect the absence or presence of the longitudinal v-groove ribbing to make any significant difference. Rather than being all mysterious and leading the discussion in a direction I didn't intend, I'll say my thoughts on the matter involve what can be done with epoxy bedding mounts and rails. I'm reluctant to just dive in and open it up, as I don't really care to have an internet debate putting my years of mechanical engineering and understanding of machine design and bolted joints up against thousands of people who haven't had any issues doing it differently.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    I wouldn't expect the absence or presence of the longitudinal v-groove ribbing to make any significant difference. Rather than being all mysterious and leading the discussion in a direction I didn't intend, I'll say my thoughts on the matter involve what can be done with epoxy bedding mounts and rails. I'm reluctant to just dive in and open it up, as I don't really care to have an internet debate putting my years of mechanical engineering and understanding of machine design and bolted joints up against thousands of people who haven't had any issues doing it differently.
    I think I know what you are talking about, but I'd love to hear what you have to say about it, since I don't have years of mechanical engineering, nor an understanding of machine design and bolted up joins. As a preface, I would say that you may very well be correct, but it may not matter under real world conditions, so if others "haven't had any issues", maybe it means something, or maybe they just haven't had issues ...yet.

User Tag List