Page 84 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast

Thread: I miss music like this

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I'm sure I've posted about Mr. Sestak previously, but I was driving around this week and got out of the car thinking about how grateful I was to be alive because it means I get to hear stuff like this album. Hope some other of youse peeps enjoy it as much as I do.

-----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

I've been enjoying this song, mainly for the sound of the Soldano SLO-100 guitar amplifier, but it's a good tune that's sung well and fun to listen to.

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    But it occurred to me that so much of that song is predicated on understanding how our telecommunications worked 50 years ago, something that's so far outside his understanding. Goddamn that made me feel old.
    Wait until you have to explain "pictures on the silver screen" from Van Halen's Dirty Movies.

Do you remember when that girl was prom queen? Oh wow...
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by Shoresy View Post
    My discovery of 80s thrash metal was a direct result of the rise of nu-metal around 2000.
    FYI, Megadeth just released a new single...

The video is supposed to be the first of a trilogy.
    The action-packed short film titled "We'll Be Back: Chapter I" traces the origins of Megadeth mascot Vic Rattlehead and was produced by Dave Mustaine. A press release describes it as "a soldier's tale of bravery, personal sacrifice and the will to survive" and is the first in a planned trilogy of videos tied to the new record.

Read More: Megadeth Return With Fiery New Song, Officially Announce Album | https://loudwire.com/megadeth-well-b...edium=referral
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post

Thanks, I hadn't seen that!

It's a bit reminiscent of Slayer's Repentless/You Against You/Pride in Prejudice singles (another three-part concept story with accompanying high-production music videos). Not knocking it - I rather enjoyed the metal storytelling that didn't go full "progressive opera".

Also glad to see DIgiorgio's playing with them. I was disappointed at Ellefson's departure, but I really like Digiorgio's work with Testament. I caught a recent vid of Megadeth playing live - Dave looks like a heavy metal Willie Nelson, but he hasn't lost his sound, his skill, or his edge and I think the band is well-positioned to continue kicking ass as hard as they ever have, and I'm excited to see what they've got coming.
    Grab your gun and bring in the cat.

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post

Huh. Mustaine looks like modern-day Ahhhnold in the face. The lyrics are kind of meh, but I dig the music.

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

There's violin, there's fiddle and there's this.

" La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Two more, just 'cos I feel like it.

" La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Did we do this one yet?

Even if we did, still one of the best songs, by one of the best guitar players.

Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Is the boy you were proud of the man you are?

Fimbo iliyo mkononi, ndio iuwayo nyoka!

User Tag List