Page 76 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast

Thread: I miss music like this

@peterb

I saw them in '69 at Madison Sq. Garden...and again in '72.

At the '69 concert, Ike & Tina Turner, B.B. King and Janis Joplin opened...as I recall.

Yeah, it was that amazing.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    Charlie Watts died.

One of my favorite Rolling Stones videos, with Lisa Fischer owning the stage.

Man, that's a heavy version. It's neat to hear it played at a slightly slower tempo than the original recording; it makes it a bit more ominous.

Keef can get more love and hatred out of a one-pickup 1950s guitar through a low-powered 1950s amp than probably anyone.

Daryl and Charlie were definitely driving the bus, though.
    Last edited by Lex Luthier; 08-24-2021 at 03:22 PM.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Site Supporter
    Probably the best episode yet of What Makes this song great by Rick Beato with Brian May.

im strong, i can run faster than train

Master of Reality was my favorite Sabbath record back in the day.
    O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts, And men have lost their reason.

I don’t know who needs to hear this right now but you’re welcome!

Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by Moylan View Post

Master of Reality was my favorite Sabbath record back in the day.
    I’ve been doing a deep dive of Sabbath stuff the past couple of months and I’ve got THIS saved in my Spotify favorites. I’ve run across so many great songs you’ll never hear on the corporate classic rock stations.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    I’ve been doing a deep dive of Sabbath stuff the past couple of months and I’ve got THIS saved in my Spotify favorites. I’ve run across so many great songs you’ll never hear on the corporate classic rock stations.
    Uh oh, now you're gonna get me talking about Sabbath.

That link is blocked for me, but I agree on the radio stuff. You only ever hear what, three or four Sabbath songs it seems like. Especially Paranoid. I've been on a Sabbath kick the last week or so myself, and I've been hung up on Hand of Doom. I never gave enough credit to the Paranoid album because it was their most popular. Although Fairies Wear Boots was still my favorite Sabbath tune. Anyway, Hand of Doom wasn't a favorite of mine back then, but it's awesome.

And then there's maybe the heaviest thing they ever recorded, which is a quick snip at about :47 and again at 2:20 in Megalomania from my second favorite record, Sabotage.

O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts, And men have lost their reason.

User Tag List