Page 50 of 97 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Thread: I miss music like this

Quote Originally Posted by WeepingAngel View Post
    I won't argue that it's better than the original (Moore's version really comes alive in his live performances), but Nightwish's cover is also worth checking out.
    I came back to the song due to a video by Patty Gurdy that Malamute has posted above. Her second most popular video is another cover of Gary Moore's song. The covers are not bad, but to me, it's a manly song. I prefer the original, it's another level, much more power.

One of my favorite songs in school was Gary Moore's "Friday on my mind" (guess why). I didn't know that it's a cover since a year or so.

PS:
    Great live performance of "Over The Hills" by Gary.
    Last edited by P30; 08-14-2020 at 10:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by P30 View Post
    I came back to the song due to a video by Patty Gurdy that Malamute has posted above. Her second most popular video is another cover of Gary Moore's song. The covers are not bad, but to me, it's a manly song. I prefer the original, it's another level, much more power.

One of my favorite songs in school was Gary Moore's "Friday on my mind" (guess why). I didn't know that it's a cover since a year or so.

PS:
    Great live performance of "Over The Hills" by Gary.
    Back in the 90s, Masterpiece Theater did Bernard Cornwell's Sharpe series and John Tam who played Hagman sang a period version of Over the Hills and Far Away.

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    Back in the 90s, Masterpiece Theater did Bernard Cornwell's Sharpe series and John Tam who played Hagman sang a period version of Over the Hills and Far Away.
    I also didn't know that "Over the Hills and Far Away" is a traditional song until now. I thought, Gary Moore invented it. According to Wikipedia, it dates back to at least the late 17th century.

I also didn't know that "Over the Hills and Far Away" is a traditional song until now. I thought, Gary Moore invented it. According to Wikipedia, it dates back to at least the late 17th century.
    I just learned this morning that the jingle played by Ice Cream trucks originated as a fairly innocent song called Turkey in the Straw but the lyrics were changed to be used in Black Face, Vaudeville skits and because of this racist connection is being pulled by Good Humor and replaced by one written Wu Tang Clan's RZA.

https://twitter.com/@twitter/status/
    https://twitter.com/GoodHumor/status/1293908429749153793

“If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Yeah. I know it’s not old but I’m in a mood.

“If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

I also find the Shakes to be putting out such good music that it’s instantly vintage. Love their stuff.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    I also find the Shakes to be putting out such good music that it’s instantly vintage. Love their stuff.
    I always enjoy when their music comes up on one of the daily lists Spotify creates for me with their algorithm.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Imagine being the guy who has to replace Eric "God" Clapton in the Bluesbreakers.

But, it was Peter Green.

That'll work.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

User Tag List