Page 3 of 97 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: I miss music like this

There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    (sinner's prayer
    Good one for Ash Wednesday. Not so much the Lady Gaga song of the same title.

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    Good one for Ash Wednesday. Not so much the Lady Gaga song of the same title.
    Not for nothin', she shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence when referring to music by B.B. and Ray.
    (That said, she does have some jazz (vocal) chops. I begrudgingly give her that.)

I don't buy much music, I tend to listen to radio or online. I found this station years ago. They play a pretty eclectic mix in their Morning Music (now called Wyoming Sounds) show. Ive heard some of the stuff mentioned, as well as about anything from newest independent stuff to older rock, to Frank Sinatra once in a while. I hear a number of artists Ive never heard on radio before, or very seldom. I listen online to the main channel, haven't tried the full time Wyoming Sounds channel yet for some reason.

http://wyomingpublicmedia.org/

Theres a "Listen Live" button. You can get important information like the mountain snowpack report, elk and grizzly management information, and such.
    Last edited by Malamute; 03-01-2017 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    I don't buy much music, I tend to listen to radio or online. I found this station years ago. They play a pretty eclectic mix in their Morning Music (now called Wyoming Sounds) show. Ive heard some of the stuff mentioned, as well as about anything from newest independent stuff to older rock, to Frank Sinatra once in a while. I listen online. I usually listen to the main channel, haven't tried the full time Wyoming Sounds channel yet for some reason.

http://wyomingpublicmedia.org/

Theres a "Listen Live" button I usually hit. You can get important information like the mountain snowpack report, elk and grizzly management information, and such.
    I'd figure "Tumbling Tumbleweeds" would get a lot of airplay...what with the wind and all.

Last edited by blues; 03-01-2017 at 01:37 PM.

I believe Ive heard it there. They play some of the old time western cowboy stuff sometimes on the regular daily program. Saturday has the Ranch Breakfast Show with bluegrass and old and new style western and cowboy music. Good fun.

Site Supporter
    I grew up listening to Sinatra, Count Basie, Glenn Miller, Tommy Dorsey, Benny Goodman, Louis Armstrong, etc... I still like that music but my own tastes go more toward blues rock like ZZ Top, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Joe Bonamassa. I also like Alice Cooper a lot -- he puts on a great show and always has a really good band. I'm sort of old.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    I grew up listening to Sinatra, Count Basie, Glenn Miller, Tommy Dorsey, Benny Goodman, Louis Armstrong, etc... I still like that music but my own tastes go more toward blues rock like ZZ Top, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Joe Bonamassa. I also like Alice Cooper a lot -- he puts on a great show and always has a really good band. I'm sort of old.
    I listen to that stuff, Robinson, but my true passion is the straight ahead jazz (hard bop, modal music) of the 50's. Thelonious, Coltrane, Miles, Mingus et al. On the blues side I'm still stuck in the 50's as well. Muddy, Howlin', Sonnyboy Williamson, Junior Wells et al.

Good music sure can help mend a soul.

If we're swinging it around to country, I'll drop my two favorites, songs in the key of quia pulvis es:
    https://youtu.be/ERhhkjqDGsA
    https://youtu.be/JfBdMXhpQnU

User Tag List