Page 97 of 97 FirstFirst ... 4787959697

Thread: I miss music like this

Quote Originally Posted by Andy in NH View Post
    I'm from the era that can hear the intro to the next track in their own mind.
    Indeed. So much in the world changed aurally in those few 4/4 bars.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

There's a Yootoob channel called "Yesterday's Papers" that takes bits from old Brit Music Papers. One of the more interesting bits is the "Blind Date" section. This was a feature where they would play a selection of songs for a famous musician, and ask them to guess the artist & give their impression of the song. The channel will play the track in question, and read their impressions.

If you ever wanted to know what Hendrix, Clapton, Lennon, Zappa, or others thought about some of their contemporary artist, this is interesting. Most tended to be very candid, and a few would ask that the record be removed as they couldn't stand it. We forget that there was a whole lotta dreck back in the 60-70's.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Seven Nation Army - delta blues cover:

no one sees what's written on the spine of his own autobiography.

I don't really miss music like this but this is one of those songs that has memories for my wife and I. We got married in '97 and went straight to Ft Campbell so we refer to songs we like from that time frame as "Clarksville songs".

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Fun song and we all know that guy:

Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

User Tag List