Page 85 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast

Thread: I miss music like this

One of my favorites of the last 20-odd years. She occasionally sings it live these days, often with the same backing singers, and always with Jon Rauhouse on pedal steel guitar.
    (He's recovering from cancer and I hope it's going well; he's a musical gem and a genuinely nice man.)

There are a couple of good live performances on youtube, as well.
    Last edited by Lex Luthier; 08-01-2022 at 10:18 PM.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

This doesn't quite fit into @blues "happy music" thread but @MistWolf's post reminded me about this one. I'm a fan of the original song (Super Charger Heaven) and I usually find myself singing the chorus to this version when I listen to the original.

Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Mark Knopfler is one of the most underrated rock guitarists ever. The live version of Love Over Gold is one of my all-time favorite songs.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Did we do this one yet?

Even if we did, still one of the best songs, by one of the best guitar players.

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

Site Supporter
    Mark Knopfler is pretty amazing. And when he and Chet Atkins played together, that was just something really special.

A few years back I saw Junior Brown (who I'd never heard of before that show) and The Reverend Horton Heat at The Stone Pony and that was honest to God one of the best shows I've ever seen in my life.

no one sees what's written on the spine of his own autobiography.

I really enjoy the Frogs Leap Studios videos and covers. Very talented musician, plus a bit of humor in the videos. Creative and original!
    "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master"

Watching the Gray Man a few weeks ago when this song started.

Immediately remembered it from 52 years ago...and hadn't heard it since it was on the radio. Music is amazing like that.

Instantly triggered memory cascade.

Fuck, I'm old!

A funeral ode to Lester Young, by his friend and admirer Charles Mingus

Jeff Beck variation, with possibly the best of his various backing bands so far.

And Joni Mitchell has an opinion (with Pat Metheny, Lyle Mays, Jaco Pastorius, Don Alias, and Michael Brecker)

Many consider Charles Mingus the greatest American Composer. Duke Eliington fans might disagree, but they're probably wrong. ;0

(of course, George Gershwin fans have it right, whichever way they decide.)
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Grab your gun and bring in the cat.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

User Tag List