Page 39 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast

Thread: I miss music like this

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    I'm a fan of Junior Brown. I saw him in concert in south central Kentucky years ago.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Make my funk the P-Funk

He makes it sound so simple..... ;-)

I posted it either in this thread or elsewhere, but my wife played volleyball and basketball against that girl and her sister in high school. One of them was 6'8" and the other 6'4", it made for some tough games [emoji16]

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Make my funk the P-Funk
    I ran bars for a couple decades and I came to firmly believe that far, far too many bands depend on volume to cover for a lack of ability that's hidden by studio editing...ergo, I generally fucking loath loud live music.

When the Circle City Mall first opened in downtown Indy, I was running Gators, the largest of 5 interconnected nightclubs and we had a collapsible wall between us and World Mardi Gras that once opened gave us a good sized concert venue. Lots of big name acts played there and frankly, most of them were 'meh' at best and untalented assholes at worst.

Then George Clinton and the Parliament Funkadelic came through. I didn't meet everyone in the P-Funk, but every single one of them I did interact with was imminently pleasant. And when the music began...Ho Lee Schit...so loud, so all encompassing...and so damn good! Both of the P-Funk's appearances at Gators were phenomenal and stand out in my mind as perfect examples of just how loud great music can be. Loved 'em ever since.

*Odd side note that seems to always accompany my P-Funk memory is when Boy George performed at Gators. Most definitely not my kind of music, not even in the realm of what I listen to. Damned if they didn't put on a great show, too. They did a minimalist, almost acoustic version of "I'll Tumble 4 Ya" that I remember fondly to this day.
    Last edited by Gun Mutt; 12-29-2019 at 09:23 AM.

My earworm these days has been Albinoni's Adagio in G Minor. Looking for a recording to post on my blog, I found this:

Not sure it would be 100% accurate to say I miss this, exactly, and it will never replace a standard chamber orchestra rendition, it's still cool enough to share.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

fixed link

Came up on shuffle this morning.

*mod edited - fix linked*
    Last edited by BehindBlueI's; 01-08-2020 at 11:03 PM.

Wow, I just stumbled upon this song. It's an old German song for freedom lovers. Sung by Pete "the hammer" Seeger:

Die Gedanken sind frei

I like it very much. Also this variant sung by French children and youngsters.
    Last edited by P30; 01-11-2020 at 12:09 PM.

The Highwaymen: Highwayman (live from 1990)
    Last edited by P30; 01-11-2020 at 12:27 PM.

User Tag List