Page 56 of 97 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast

Thread: I miss music like this

Is the boy you were proud of the man you are?

Fimbo iliyo mkononi, ndio iuwayo nyoka!

Quote Originally Posted by snow white View Post
    Favorite sabbath song by far.
    I refuse to nominate a favorite Ozzy-era sabbath song, but that would be right up there.

I can do a Dio-era favorite.

https://youtu.be/ikUwJuzw7O8
    Ignore Alien Orders

Are we not men?
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

A classic from the late, great Kenny Dorham. He was one of the first great jazz artists I got to see at the West End Bar when it was run by my buddy, (Grammy award winner), Phil Schaap. Sadly, Dorham died within the next year or two...and never received the recognition he deserved.

There's nothing civil about this war.

Call

...and response

M'lady Wolf is my Li'l Red Riding Hood
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

It's gotten a reputation as a bit of a schmaltzy piece, but they truly don't make anything like that anymore. It is a beautiful piece of music. and you can't help but light a little joy inside as you you flow with its melodies.

Best listened at full volume.

" La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Thanks, @Wondering Beard...a little schmaltz is good for the soul.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    It's gotten a reputation as a bit of a schmaltzy piece, but they truly don't make anything like that anymore. It is a beautiful piece of music. and you can't help but light a little joy inside as you you flow with its melodies.]
    It — and the other Strauss waltzes — don’t feel schmaltzy when you’re dancing to them.

It was also used to great effect in “2001”. I couldn’t find a good clip of the whole docking sequence, but here’s how it starts:

Last edited by peterb; 10-26-2020 at 01:22 PM.

Played by the philharmonic orchestra of the city where Johann Strauss was born and lived.
    Last edited by P30; 10-26-2020 at 02:50 PM.

User Tag List